“This was meant to be ”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sorbonne
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We walked past this place today and it was beautiful and drew us in. Then we showed up with no reservation later in the evening. We had a lovely table for two and lots of wine and fixed price meal. Our waitress was fantastic and so was the food and wine.

Date of visit: April 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,556)

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Came here for our anniversary anniversary dinner while on vacation. The restaurant is very quaint and quiet, the food was delicious. I started with the Coup salad and my husband the escargot, both were delicious. For the main course we both had the Boeuf bourguignon which was fantastic. Both of our desserts were very good as well. I would recommend getting a reservation as the place filled up quickly.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Building is quaint, old, impressive. The best dish at our table was the boeuf bourguignon
followed by the pork medallions. The fish was very bland; go with the classic french dishes here.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

We easily made a reservation a couple weeks prior to our visit and were happy we did. It is a cozy, romantic spot, perfect for couples or a small group. The rustic 14th century building and large fireplace made for a wonderfully romantic setting. The beef bourguignon was so savory, the apple pie with creme fraiche amazing. Our server helped us select the perfect red wine to pair. Highly recommend.

2  Thank g3tex
Reviewed 21 March 2018

This was about my 10th time over almost 40 years. Yes, it has been there that long. In fact, the building is from well before 1500 - so it is kind of ancient and the ambiance reflects this, but in a nice way. Very cozy - a sort of place you want to bring out-of-towners for a "memorable" meal.

The food was "ok": I had the tuna crusted in sesame (no where near up to standards in New York for this dish), my daughter the fliet de bouef, and my wife the magret de canard. The filet was decent, and the duck pretty much the best dis of the lot. As a starter, my daughter and I had the snails (yum - but hard to mess up).

I think that the same meal substantially could be had at any one of a hundred brasseries in a two mile circle of this restaurant. Some better, some worse, but most a fair bit cheaper. Go here for the ambiance. Otherwise, if it is solely food you are after, save the bucks and check out a local brasserie.

1  Thank Brett L