“Great local restaurant ”
Review of L'Abreuvoir

L'Abreuvoir
Ranked #327 of 18,482 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$20 - US$22
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: In a typically Parisian frame(executive), a young dynamic team serves our accustomed customers or the tourists come visit the Eiffel Tower on wooden tables varnished. A wide wine list is posted(shown) in wine shops in wall. The terrace is warmed and opened all year long noon(south) and evening. The cooking(kitchen) is realized on the spot by one cooked professionals from raw products and mainly French.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The staff were great! They made the experience even better. The wine was well priced and a good selection.

I had a burger and my partner had sirloin steak. Both were tasty and good portion sizes. The burger came on a squid ink bun which was a nice twist on a classic.

The dessert was recommended by the waiter and we had Brioche, so glad that this was recommended!

We would definitely recommend and if we weren’t from London would definitely be back!

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Great flavour combinations, good prices and friendly multilingual staff made for a fantastic walk-in dinner. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We went here in the evening without a reservation after walking around the Eiffel tower. We were impressed by the classy and romantic atmosphere in the restaurant. Also the food and vine selection was among the best ones during our Paris trip, but still reasonably priced!

Make sure you walk the extra meters to L‘Abreuvoir and dodge the high priced touristic places!

Reviewed 9 January 2018

We found this restaurant quite by accident, having been told at the previous one that they were closed for a private party. The restaurant was warm and comfortable and we were greeted enthusiastically by the waiting staff.

My sister and mother ordered the vegetable lasagne which they both agreed was of a very good quality and I had the prawn linguine. it was delicious - huge prawns, still in their shells and a garnish of rocket and parmesan. Although the main courses were generous, we were tempted to try the salted caramel sponge pudding with pistachios and ice cream - delicious!

I would be happy to recommend this place to anyone looking for a lunch/dinner in the vicinity of the Eiffel Tower. It's a little off the beaten track but well worth the walk.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We had taken the Metro with plans to walk to the Eiffel. For some reason, not much planning was done for this day, our last in Paris. On the way, my family of four demanded a meal before hitting the Eiffel. I did some quick Google'ing of our area and read some reviews and we headed for L'Abreuvoir. It was a Friday night, early for Paris dining, around 7pm. We were one of only about 4 tables in restaurant at the time.

We were greeted promptly and drinks arrived quickly. The setting was quiet. The service was attentive but not overbearing. They tolerated our broken French with patience and gave us enough English in return that everyone was sure we were on the same page.

The complimentary house made chips were tasty. My daughters had a hamburger and the veggie sandwich. Both were excellent. My wife and I had the Belle Entrecote. Mine was the only disappointment. It was way more stringy and overly fatty than my wife's, which was very tasty. The cantal gratin was nice and cheesy and not overly so.
We all split a bottle of wine and some additional glasses on top. It was a very reasonable bill.

We did not stay for dessert, but the waitstaff did provide our family with a complimentary liqueur after dinner, on the house. A pleasant surprise.

Great, low key ambiance. Feels like a real neighborhood place. Highly recommended.