“Lovely restaurant and great people watching”
Review of La Marine

La Marine
Ranked #917 of 19,401 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$0 - US$37
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Saint-Martin
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Great location right across from St. Martin's Canal. Nice sidewalk tables for people watching. We had great fresh pasta, good tuna and excellent steak with Daphinois potato. Lovely food with good wine pairing. Some of the staff speak English for menu translation. Reasonably priced.

Note that this restaurant serves different parts of the menu at different times of day so it can be a bit confusing.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We stayed in Paris for three nights and ate here each night as the first impression was amazing.
It is a busy restaurant in a good location, and is intimate but also fun. The staff were friendly and made us feel welcome. The food was delicious, reasonably priced and the portion sizes were just right.
I had the lamb on the first evening and my partner had the sea bass, both cooked really well and extremely tasty. The second evening I had the Steak with Dauphinoise potatoes both of which were excellent. The third evening I had the Rabbit pasta and my partner had the seabass again as she liked it so much the first time.

We will definitely be returning when we next visit Paris.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Situated near to the Canal system in Paris this is a popular cafe serving a good selection of food and drinks, try one of their cocktails! Friendly waiting staff and efficient polite service. I Recommend the Gin !

Reviewed 2 June 2018

This place was recommended by our hotel, as it is not far from Republic Square, where we stayed and my mobility is limited right now. We were delighted by everything about this restaurant -- clearly a favourite of the locals. It's charming and fun; the food is spectacular and the service excellent. I started with the asparagus (highly recommended) and my husband with the escargot (also great, I was told). As a main dish, I had the plat de jour, which was the best osso bucco I have ever had, served with mashed potatoes and other vegetables. My husband had fish and I loved that too. Our server was excellent -- I loved the olives she brought to the table when she greeted us -- salty and incredibly flavourful. The desserts here are great -- I saw many Parisians come just for dessert as we were leaving. I had the sorbet and my husband had pavlova. All in all, a great dinner for our 50th anniversary.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Awesome food and quality/price ratio. We were three people and had a bottle of good bordeaux, an entree and a main dish each, then we shared a dessert (the portions are very big) and we spent a bit more than 100€ in total. The service and the location are also very nice in general.

Date of visit: May 2018