“Great Hot Chocolate, so-so macaroon”
Review of Angelina Maillot

Angelina Maillot
Reserve with
Angelina Maillot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,526 of 17,739 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Batignolles-Monceau
Reviewed 2 March 2017

you hear so much about Angelina & Laduree for hot chocolate and macaroons. so i had to try both for comparison. I didn't try any hot drinks at Laduree but the hot chocolate at Angelina was perfect. very rich and creamy and not too sweet. The serving was just enough not to be too much.
The macaroons were so-so. Maybe it was an off day? I tried the exact same flavors i had at Laduree - Pistache, Cafe & Vanilla. very chewy, not flaky at any point and syrupy sweet.

We went to the store close to Le Bon Marche (no lines whatsoever) because the store close to the Louvre was packed non stop - so try other locations for faster service perhaps.
The service here was quick and friendly.
I would definitely recommend a visit and won't write it off simply because of a single off day.
I will revisit on any other trips to Paris.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

Trying the hot chocolate at Angelina's was one of my must-do things in Paris, and since we didn't have time to go to Rue Rivoli, we stopped by this one. We didn't actually go in, but instead opted to take our chocolate chaud and a box of macarons to go from the little boutique.

The hot chocolate is as amazing as they say, thick and rich almost like a chocolate sauce. I also loved the macarons, the vanilla was the best I've tasted (better than Laduree!) and they also had some more unique flavors like Earl Grey. Service was friendly and fast!

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

So good. Brought some home and tried to make it but didn't come out the same. Definitely a treat. Have at least once!

Reviewed 10 January 2017

Little known to most tourists is that there is a 2nd location for Angelina's in the upscale Mall attached to the Porte Maillot Metro stop. Pretty much all the same offerings including the world famous hot chocolate (L'African). I'd advice any visitor to make for this location.

1  Thank Russell D
Reviewed 10 January 2017

Little known to most tourists is that there is a 2nd location for Angelina's in this upscale mall. Pretty much all the same offerings including the world famous hot chocolate (L'African). I'd advice any visitor to make for this location.