“Cozy and authentic. Slow but pleasant service.”

Cafe des Deux Moulins
Ranked #1,280 of 17,766 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montmartre
Reviewed 7 October 2016

This was a nice and cozy breakfast experience and cool to have visited the place from the actual Amelie de Montmartre movie!
We enjoyed a typical Paris breakfast here with eggs, croissants, good strong coffee, etc. Staff was polite and flexible on how we butchered the pre-set menus, so the fact that service was a bit slow wasn't that upsetting.
Don't know about lunch and dinner here since breakfast was all we had - but I would say that this is a good option regardless of time of day.

Give it a try and enjoy!

Reviewed 3 October 2016

Like many Amelie fans, I had to see this in person. While it lost the tobacco counter (thankfully), it retains its charm from the film. The food was actually some of the best food I had during my visit. I'm a vegetarian and the tofu "burger" was prepared perfectly. The staff was friendly and I was grateful for the English speaking host because I speak no French at all. He was very helpful and polite. The lighting fixtures in this restaurant, btw, are vintage deco/nouveau era and I'm glad they remain in place. The neighborhood also has a lot of great shops and the people are very friendly. The nice lady at the pharmacy up the street gave me directions to the cafe, which was very closeby. All in English. She deserves a nod for being so nice and pointing me to the restaurant.

Reviewed 1 October 2016

This place was typically Parisienne. The waiter always seemed to be busy. But when he came around we were delighted with what was brought to us. The charcuterie plate was really nice. The whole experience made us feel comfortable on our first night a Paris.

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

We stopped for a quick beer and a mazagran, which felt good after walking Montmartre on a sunny day. The front entrance was being renovated, so it was a bit darker than usual and there were just a few outside tables The surprise was to find the little shrine at the toilets with mementos from the movie. No exactly an unmissable cafe but a must if you love Amélie as much as I did.

1  Thank Luís A
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

Family Food Samaras had to visit this restaurant because we love the movie "Amelie from Montmartre.". We got a great table in one of the corners and sat there very long and ate there. Very nice, bustling and great service. The food was also very good! A pearl up in Montmartre that you have to visit.
//Mats Samaras, Stockholm, Sweden