“Amelie's cafe”

Price range: US$15 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montmartre
Reviewed 6 July 2017

My daughters and I went for breakfast and enjoyed it very much. It is a neighborhood cafe in a very non-touristy area (near Montmartre/Sacre-Coeur) and that made us feel immersed in French daily life. We all ordered the standard breakfast which came with both baguette and a slice of tarte, 3 eggs any style or an omlette, cafe, butter and jam. I can't remember if it came with fruit, but we couldn't finish everything--that I remember. Very typical, slow and relaxed french service, and you pay at the counter when ready. Everyone was most polite and friendly, which is what we found all over the city. Loved it!

1  Thank Joan C

Reviewed 29 June 2017

It took us a while to find the place, but once we did, myself and my partner stopped here to have dinner. Having never been here before, I was surprised that they had such a varied food menu, what with it being a 'café' rather than a restaurant.

My partner and I ordered a starter of snails, which for a plate of six turned out to be a bit on the pricey side, though that's to be expected with a novelty dish like that so we weren't too fussed. The waiter kindly let us order drinks at happy hour prices despite it finishing just as we decided on our drinks. Between us, we ordered a steak with blue cheese sauce, and the cooked camembert with potatoes. Both of our dishes were lovely, and we even had room for desserts afterwards.

The waiter who served us was friendly and patient, and because of the time we dined, and perhaps because it was also on a weekday it wasn't that busy. It was quite ambient in there, and as a fan of the film, seeing the little 'Amélie' shrine in the bathroom and the big poster and framed still behind the bar was really satisfying.

We had a really yummy and memorable eveing meal here, and I'd definitely recommend this place to fans of the film, or to anyone looking for a cute place to eat in Montmartre. However, I imagine it probably gets quite busy here at certain times and so would recommend going later or on a weekday like we did to avoid crowds.

1  Thank Lauren T
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Coffee not very good. Crepes were very dry and not appealing at all. The waitress was very nice though, I would not eat there again.

1  Thank simba6
Reviewed 12 June 2017

We discovered this restaurant by mistake and were impressed when we saw it was actually the one from the movie amelie. Ordered cheese wine, risotto and steak and everything was really really good. The staff was nice. The restaurant looks a bit messy inside but don't be fooled by that, the food is amazing!

1  Thank Cretu A
Reviewed 8 June 2017

It was neat to be in the place where the movie was filmed but the place is getting a little run down. I get the sense they're milking the revenue from the film and not spending much to keep it up.
So if you want to sit and eat where that was filmed, go there.
The dinner was "good" and probably a little over priced due to the location.
You can take a selfie next to a poster of Audre.