“The most delicious brunch!”
Review of La Bossue

Ranked #38 of 17,772 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$1 - US$14
Neighbourhood: Montmartre
Neighbourhood: Montmartre
Reviewed 28 March 2017

We booked this for Brunch on Saturday at 10:30am and was so glad we made a reservation.... on arrival there was a big hoard of people outside trying to get in! Some waited for an hour until a table was free, but we did not feel rushed at all. It is a fixed price of around 24 euro, which includes a freshly squeezed juice, two hot drinks and as much food as you can eat! I actually don't think there was any meat (bacon or sausages) but that wasn't an issue for us. All of the food was incredible and we had a round of savoury options followed by a sweeter plate of madelines, scones, mini cakes and brioche. It was all so delicious and the staff are lovely. When we'd finished we took a stroll through the market up toward montmarte - a perfect Saturday!!

La Bossue L, Propriétaire at La Bossue, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Thanks a lot for this review.
I'm verry happy my brunch was a good start for your perfect Sunday in Montmartre :-)

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Excellent selection of pastries and other breakfast foods, a truly authentic Parisian brunch experience. It is close to the metro and the pricing was reasonable -- make sure to make a reservation for this place since it gets quite busy.

Thank you Candice !
Hope you'll be back soon :-)

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Rude People worst service, never go there we went today , the waitress said there will be 30 min waitlist, waited for 1 hour . And food is reallt not worth it

2  Thank Berke D

Dear Berke,

I am very sorry you didn't enjoy my brunch.
There is no way my team told you you had to wait 30 minutes as we never give an exact waiting time to our dear customers. We never know precisely how long it's going to take for a table to be cleared as we never speed our clients while there're enjoying their brunch with family and/or friends. Maybe we gave you a time range and you misunderstood.
It’s too bad you had to wait for one hour but my place is quite small and a lot of people want to have brunch on weekends, that’s why it can be long to get a table. Unfortunately it happens in every small places in Paris.
Just so you know, we take reservations for the 10:30 am brunch on Saturdays and Sundays, the best way to avoid waiting.

As for the « Uselessness » you should know there are actual people working in those small, traditionnal, crowded places like mine, who try to do their best everyday to make other people having a good time, eating good food, in a pleasant atmosphere.
It would have been more « Usefull » that you told us in person that you were unhappy with this waiting.

Make sure we’ll try to improve our waiting time situation and be less useless in the future.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

As I had already read on trip advisor we had to wait until Wednesday to try this lovely little cafe, for €9.50 the breakfast was spot on and the surroundings I imagine very typically French. Very friendly staff serving wonderful brioche bread, croissant, fresh orange juice a choice of hot drinks and a perfect madeleine cake. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks a lot for this review !
I'm glad you enjoyed my breakfast.

Reviewed 30 January 2017

We waited 3 days to try here as it is closed at the beginning of the week, but it was well worth it! I had a great coffee, fresh orange juice, brioche, croissant and a madeleine, for €9.50! We also had the hot chocolate, which was one of the best we've ever tried. Looked like an amazing display of cakes available, and a lunch menu too. Don't miss it.

1  Thank Jackrabbits_Pottery
La Bossue L, Propriétaire at La Bossue, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017

I'm so glad my little place worthed the wait :-)
Thanks for your review.