“French cuisine at its best”
Review of Restaurant H

Restaurant H
Reserve with
Restaurant H is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 17,766 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$35 - US$82
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

From the moment that you walk into to this small restaurant you know you are in for a treat. The interior is contemporary but warm. Some clever design cues include a butter knife that stands upright but the table layout is practical rather than fussy, keeping the focus where it should be - on the food. The menu offers two alternatives - a five course or seven course tasting menu. No clues are given about the dishes themselves but the staff take the trouble to ask both about any allergies or major dislikes. The portions are small but an absolute delight, with unusual combinations of textures, flavours and presentations. Out of the seven courses, six would rate as excellent and only the cheese course was lacking inspiration. Wines are offered to accompany each course or bottles can be selected from a fairly extensive wine list. I thought the wine list could have had a better selection of lighter wines which would be a more natural choice given the blind and diverse nature of the food menu. That said, we had a wonderful evening, the price was very reasonable and I will definitely be back. Not to be missed.

1  Thank badgirlwanted

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

We have been recommended to this restaurant by our hotel who made the necessary booking. The amazing food was perfectly executed well prepared and presented. Great illustration of top fine dining French couisine The service very professional and personal. Great soft music and amazing wine choices. Well done.

2  Thank cridon432
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

We went based on TripAdvisor reviews, and it was close to our apartment for the visit. Excellent food and wine pairing, attentive staff with moderate anglais proficiency, wonderful experience. The presentations were unique and appropriate. When going to highly rated/recommended restaurants, I am happy to place my palate in their hands and eat things I would usually not order. This was one of those establishments and I was not disappointed! The only choices are 3, 5, or 7 courses. 3 available at lunch only. With wine or without. White asparagus, clam soup, cod, canard, two desserts. I would not have ordered clams , cod or canard on my own. C'est magnifique. While only seating 20 patrons, it is not crowded by any standards, let alone Paris standards! The menu changes seasonally, so going back within our two week visit did not make sense. Prices and food are the same for lunch or dinner, lunch reservations much easier to obtain. Only downside was one element that may have been overdone, but did tie the menu together. Highly recommended.

3  Thank Tim D
Reviewed 24 May 2017

Excellent restaurant, we eat a set lunch menu, that was very good, made with fresh products by the chef. The problem was the service. The fish arrived at the same time of the bread and the butter, so we didn’t have time to relax and eat a little of bread before the dish was in the table, so the fish got cold because we like to eat some bread before the meal. Then we asked if we could have little more butter, and the answer was: we don´t have more butter because it´s homemade. We were the second table to arrive the restaurant, the amount of butter that was put on the table was less than a spoon and there’s no more butter, when we saw butter near the bread to be given to the other tables. And then told us, if it remain something I will bring it to you!!!! Really???? When??? When I finish my lunch??? So despite de excellent food the service is to bad for that kind of restaurant.

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Visited for lunch and chose the five course option with wine. When they say five courses they actually mean a couple more with an amuse bouche and a sorbet type creation (both of which were superb).
Asparagus starter was just wonderful - I don't particularly like asparagus normally but everything about this was just fantastic. In fact every course was so beautifully balanced with tastes and textures that I can't actually describe how exquisite the meal was. The veal course was also just perfect.
This is clearly a chef who has spent a lot of time working out the menu and balancing everything to produce probably the finest meal I have ever had. I actually used to work in a restaurant awarded a Michelin star but I really can't recommend Restaurant H highly enough. I see they've been awarded one star but surely only a matter of time before that becomes two. A true gastronomic experience.

4  Thank chelmersmudge