“Delicious food, lovely service, but disappointing experience”
Review of Le Merial

Le Merial
Reserve with
Le Merial is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 439 Restaurants in Versailles
Price range: US$21 - US$51
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: French bar/restaurant open monday to saturday for the lunch and diner to 12h-00h non stop. we're closed sunday,
Reviewed 26 February 2017

I came to this restaurant based on the reviews and on the "TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016". However, this can mislead the visitor.
__Good things: the owner is very nice and lovely lady; the burger is very tasty and thick, served with LOTS of fries (I mean it); nice decoration; you can book a table and get 20% discount with Fork.
__Bad things: located far away from the main restaurants in the city; under-utilised capacity; inadequate facilities (a curtain separates the bathroom door to the restaurant tables); too slow service (to have a couple of burgers and a dessert, we took 2 hours, with a restaurant near empty with only 5 tables occupied); low frequentation of customers (Saturday 8 pm with almost nobody); an odd smell at the entrance of the restaurant (somewhat a mix of cigarette smoke and old furniture).

It's a pity, because it's a nice restaurant with tasty food and lovely service, but very badly managed. Must be changed!

Reviewed 15 September 2015

It's easy to miss this restaurant, as it's away from the town centre. But the food we had there was really very good - interesting, well cooked and presented. Service was friendly. Recommended.

1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

My hubby and I found this place from local map after a long day of walking around Place of Versailles. What a great experience! We enjoyed the hospitality & good quality of tea & dessert, at very reasonable price. The shop is cozy and well decorated, and we all agree that the desert is the best we enjoyed in Paris (5 days). Strongly recommend this place for people after their excursion around Versailles.

1  Thank Lenly2014
Reviewed 13 September 2014

Having read the reviews, we decided to try the restaurant, even taking a taxi to get there. First impresasion was nice, not cold like one of the reviews said. The waitress was pleasant, not overly friendly but nice. The food was disappointing and hit and miss. My mushroom velouté was delicious, my husbands prawn salad was a bit boring. My fish main course was nice. The desserts were not good, my Flotante was floating on mango instead of custard and it was ok but very sweet. My husband had a cheesecake bruleé, we were expecting a baked cheesecake with a bruleé topping but it was a fridge cheesecake, very rich and not the best we have had. Overall I wish we had gone somewhere else. I think if you are passing (although it is not in a great area), it would be ok to stop and have dinner, it is ok food and reasobale price.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The food from this restaurant was great, well prepared and very tasty. One of the best meals we've had in France and the waiter was very kind. I hope this review would bring more people to this excellent restaurant.

2  Thank Casinowebscripts2014