“THAT CALZONE”

Price range: US$15 - US$22
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2015 via mobile

Such a wonderful restaurant! The food is delicious and affordable. The staff is also very nice and helpful, despite the slight language barrier when my French skills ran out Definitely worth your time!

Oh, try that calzone!

Reviewed 11 April 2015

The lunch plat du jour offering was Risotto with salmon or penne pasta with chicken curry. We ordered a serving of each. Now through strange circumstances I got a taste of the risotto with artichoke hearts (it was nice). My wife was pleased with her curried penne. But we both wondered if the risotto would be real. We make it at home. When we eat out it varies from soft and mushy to "hey, this is just rice!" Well it took about 20 minutes to arrive, that is good. Well it tasted great. Two thumbs up for making risotto correctly.

The dessert offerings followed and were included. Sally had cream and strawberries which she devoured as she had already drooled over berries at the market. I had a chocolate 'muffin' (volcano I think they are really called) with ice cream and whipped cream.

And coffee. Really good Italian coffee. All told, less than 35 Euro for the two of us.

Oh, and we saw a pizza of theirs that was to die for.

Reviewed 4 March 2015

This is one of my fiance and my favorites! Good ambiance, really friendly staff, and one of the best pizzas you can get at Caen. I have nothing bad to say about this place!

Reviewed 10 September 2014

we come there for many times and their calzone is really the best one i've ever ate and believe me , i ate a lot. the place is cosy, the staff is friendly and cary. It's better to reserve before coming or you may wait especially on week end evenings.

1  Thank Bruno B
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I took my eldest daughter, her boyfriend and my youngest daughter to this restaurant on Friday 7th March 2014. We did not need to make a reservation but we did arrive at 19h15 so it had only just opened for the evening. We were seated at a window table for 4 which was a bit pushed in with the table behind and in front leaving very little room to get in and out. Our waiter was pleasant and attentive...a little too attentive actually and clearly wanted us to hurry up and order even though the restaurant was empty apart from us at this point. We duly ordered our main course and drinks and it was nice to know that we could order a vegetarian option. However, my lasagne had been re-heated in a microwave and was very dry and crusty all along one side. But it was very tasty and fairly good value for money. By the time we had almost finished eating, the restaurant was crowded and it was rather a squeeze for any of us to get up from the table due to the close proximity of the other tables....we found ourselves apologising to several diners who had to pull their chairs in tight or get up to let us out...and we are not large people by any means! This would be my main gripe...too many tables pushed into a small room. The meal itself was not bad...I have had better though and I really do not like microwaved meals at the best of times! I will give this one a miss next time I am in Caen.