“Good pizza”

Price range: US$15 - US$22
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

Very nice staff and a very nice welcome.
Restaurant very cozy and a good atmosphere.
Pizza was delicious and the pasta dishes smelt great, was sorry I didn't order the pasta seafood with garlic, it looked great.
Definitely worth going back

There are newer reviews for La Buena Tavola

Reviewed 18 February 2016

great place to have lunch on a cold rainy day. Lunch time special great value for money, The staff are friendly and efficient and the food is very good , the pizza was better than I have eaten in Italy .

Reviewed 7 July 2015 via mobile

Such a wonderful restaurant! The food is delicious and affordable. The staff is also very nice and helpful, despite the slight language barrier when my French skills ran out Definitely worth your time!

Oh, try that calzone!

Reviewed 11 April 2015

The lunch plat du jour offering was Risotto with salmon or penne pasta with chicken curry. We ordered a serving of each. Now through strange circumstances I got a taste of the risotto with artichoke hearts (it was nice). My wife was pleased with her curried penne. But we both wondered if the risotto would be real. We make it at home. When we eat out it varies from soft and mushy to "hey, this is just rice!" Well it took about 20 minutes to arrive, that is good. Well it tasted great. Two thumbs up for making risotto correctly.

The dessert offerings followed and were included. Sally had cream and strawberries which she devoured as she had already drooled over berries at the market. I had a chocolate 'muffin' (volcano I think they are really called) with ice cream and whipped cream.

And coffee. Really good Italian coffee. All told, less than 35 Euro for the two of us.

Oh, and we saw a pizza of theirs that was to die for.

Reviewed 4 March 2015

This is one of my fiance and my favorites! Good ambiance, really friendly staff, and one of the best pizzas you can get at Caen. I have nothing bad to say about this place!