“Excellent Dinner in Cherbourg”
Review of Le Plouc 2

Le Plouc 2
Price range: US$19 - US$43
Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Stooped in after walking around Cherbourg. The staff was friendly and helped with the menu. Had a three course fixed price meal. All the courses were outstanding. Never thought of vegetable tiramisus but the dish was delicious, a combination of fresh veggies with humus and pesto sauce. Would go back if in Cherbourg again.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Visited on a very wet night in August 2017. Walked in without a reservation and enjoyed a very nice meal (entrée of Ravioli & Vegetable Tiramisu and Spider style ? pork and Chicken in a Parmesan Sauce with Spelt for main) the food was lovely. Bottle of Sammaur Red to go with was also Very nice. For someone whose French is limited at best, the nicest thing was the patience of the staff. There was a young girl apprentice serving us and she was very helpful, even though my French was terrible and her English non-exsistant (and why shouldn't it be) The restaurant was nice and busy, décor is an acquired taste but don't let that put you off. The food was great. 21 euros per head for a 3 course meal of that quality is very good value.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

We were walking around Cherbourg town centre and stumbled across this restaurant. What a little gem and a good find. Very pleasant interior (I love the pink and black decor!) and good seating in the courtyard area. Lovely food, excellent service with a very helpful waiter. Good choice of menus at reasonable prices. I would definitely recommend a visit and will definitely return if ever I go back to Cherbourg. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

We had a lovely dinner here two years before and so decided to visit again.
We ordered a half bottle of rose de Provence which turned out to be delicious. With this we also had a half bottle of Evian.
We did not order a starter but were offered a free taster which was very nice.
For our mains I ordered the duck which came, as ordered, pink. It was tender and beautifully presented. It was also a bigger portion than I expected for the price (€18.50)!
Jean's salmon was also of a generous size and, she said, delicious. (€14)
Deserts were creme Brûlée for Jean at €6.80 and the gaurmandise desert plate for me. This was a platter with four "deconstructed" well known deserts such as apple pie and lemon meringue etc. All were delicious and good value for €8.50.
With a cup of espresso for me the final bill was €69.40 (£59).
The ambiance in this restaurant comes from its age and the simple but attractive decor. Pure white table cloths set off by sparkling glass and shiny flatware are easy on the eye and excellent, professional service made this a wonderful experience.
Peter & Jean. :o)

Reviewed 22 April 2017

Walking past and being able to see into the kitchen , looking at the well priced menus then entering such a charming restaurant and being greeted with a smile ;I knew I had chosen the right restaurant .The basic fixed price menu was superb, presentation and, service and the ambiance made for a memorable meal which will long be remembered , I can highly recommend Le Plonc 2