“Excellent!”

Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

We have lunch on weekdays. The quality of products is excellent! Reasonable prices. It is a very simple and sober menu. Everything is homemade. I ate 6 delicious oysters and then fish with the old vegetables, the blend of flavors were great. The dessert was a crème brûlée with saffron, a true delight! For 19 €! The welcome was on the other hand a bit dull but the place itself is nice. I recommend this place !!

Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

very good fish restaurant directly at the harbour. Swift and friendly service. Definitely a place to return to.

Reviewed 10 September 2016

We've been going here for a few years. The appeal was good quality fresh local seafood and veg, simply prepared, and reasonably priced. Bistro style and informal. Lunch menu at 19€ was a 3 way starter, fish main, and choice of dessert. This week's lunch experience took it off our list. Why? The menu has morphed into a 2 course 14€ with no choice, or an eye popping 3 course 35€ menu with very little more choice. The fish main although well cooked tends to be downmarket type fish ( see some of the 1-3 star French reviews - mackerel, cod) and no vegetation other than the accompanying dauphinoise. My wife upgraded to the lobster main ( 5€ supp) which was truly underwhelming - hardly any meat and watery - dare I say it...possibly frozen. The front of house lady has an attitude problem but might do well with a career move into a correctional institution. (Is it because we are British? Because we voted to leave?) We were treated to a rapid-fire uncompromising interpretation of the menu ( in French of course) with particular emphasis on what we couldn't have - amazing rhetoric when there are only half a dozen things on it! On conclusion she fixed us with a triumphant stare and a forced smile that didn't quite get there but stopped at a disdainful sneer. We lived in France for 3 years, our kids went to French schools, we don't have a problem with the language - but this was intentional alienation. I chose randomly, ordered a pichet, and looked forward to getting out.... it should not be like this. Limited choice, cheap ingredients, priced up and inhospitable. Why would you?

3  Thank Gordon675
Reviewed 1 August 2016

This restaurant serves lovely fish dinners and is reasonably priced. The patron is very friendly and did some of his training in Worcester. The food was tasty and good quality

Reviewed 25 June 2016

I called in here for a quick lunch. My haddock with fresh pasta had a delicious sauce with it. A good piece of Tome de Bordeaux finished my meal off nicely. It isn't a cheese I've had before but I'll try to find it again. It has a lovely herby outer.

Good value, good food.