“Nice place”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Really nice risotto with gambas and tiramisu. The pizzas looked good and were big. Friendly waitress from Rome.

1  Thank Anette J

Reviewed 16 March 2017

This is a lovely authentic Italian Restaurant with delicious food. Pizza's are very large and cooked to order as is all the food. Great staff, who remembers us every trip (we are boring) and fabulous service.

1  Thank gricy19
Reviewed 6 February 2017

It's probably the best italian restaurant in 'La Manche'... multiple courses, wine pairings, the whole thing. If you like pasta 'al dente', if you like tasty pizza, if you like real italian cold cuts, if you like good wines this place is for you. Mamamia SPLENDIDA !!
Strongly advised to reserve.

1  Thank syfylee
Reviewed 5 October 2016

We had heard this place has a very good reputation, last time we were in Cherbourg it was fully booked, and we were unable to try it, I think it was a weekend. This time we booked a table to be sure. It was very good, nice spacious seating, Friendly waitress, and very good service. The food was very good. A small menu card means the food is freshly cooked. In the pastas I would have liked a couple more choices, maybe a vegetarian pasta and an arabiata. My husband had the four cheese pasta, and said it was excellent. I tried a calzone, something I hadn't eaten before, and wanted to try. It was also excellent, beautiful presentation, and very tasty. Just too big for me, I only managed half, but they also offered to wrap the rest for me to take along. We loved the place and next time we are in Cherbourg that is where we will eat.

1  Thank valtango
Reviewed 7 September 2016

Such good reviews that we thought we would try it out for my birthday. We were seated at a table for two right next to the toilets and with a speaker blaring in my ear. We asked for another table and were moved slightly up the Restaurant. I asked the male waiter if we could have the table by the window, but was refused as it was a table for four. Well, no one took the table for the rest of the evening and we could have sat there. Note to waiter, it should be what your customer requires, being a bit precious with the tables is not good customer service. We were served by a delightful young lady. We both had pizza. My partner a salmon one, which was a little salty for his taste and I had a four cheese one, although as a Vegetarian I chose not to have Parmessan on mine, so it was a three cheese pizza. Very nice base and lots of cheese, but only three little bits of Roqfort, which was disappointing. There was not a great selection of desserts, but as they had Tiramisu we were happy and both ordered it. I have had some wonderful Tiramisus in my time, but this certainly was not one of them. A very small portion in an over chilled dish, no taste of either alcohol or coffee. To be frank, it tasted like something you get in the chilled section of a supermarket. Diabolical and an insult to Tiramisu and actually quite expensive for what it was. So, nice enough Pizzas, but not great. I personally would not return there.

1  Thank KimmyLedZep