“Charming reasonably priced hotel”

L'esperance Deauville
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Deauville
Reviewed 26 May 2015

My husband and I stayed for three nights in this hotel visiting Deauville for a long weekend. The owners are very helpful and absolutely charming. The room we had for eighty euros a night was simple but very comfortable and overlooked the very pretty courtyard garden.

Breakfast is served by Monsieur and there is a very good choice of meats, cheeses, yoghurts, fruit, cereals, various breads, pastries, teas, coffee and chocolate and freshley squeezed orange juice comes automatically. Breakfast is charged extra at 9.5 euros.

The hotel is situated very close to the centre and the sea, so no need for a car.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the internal courtyard are best.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Suseyq

Reviewed 17 April 2015 via mobile

Full disclosure... I lived next door to this hotel for two years, and got to know Patrick and Muriel as people before becoming a guest.

I recently stayed at the hotel again, and enjoyed it even more than my previous stays. I rented the one single room, which is only 70 Euros per night. Can you believe that? For quality/price ratio, it just can't be beat!

My only complaint is that the restaurant closed down five years ago. It was my favorite place to eat in Deauville.

I challenge anyone to find a better room for your money in central Deauville!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Sara D
Reviewed 16 November 2014

My third stay at l'esperance on Friday night after disembarking from the UK ferry in Le Havre, and before the five hour drive home. Love the enthusiasm and pride that Patric has for this lovely chambre d'hôte. The position in the centre of town is perfect, with easy access to restaurants, bars, the casino and waterfront. The rooms are spacious and clean, with a well equipped ensuite (including soap, shower cap, and sachets of shampoo and conditioner), and the beds and bedding extremely comfortable. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again, or to recommend this charming b&b. Thanks again Patric.

Room Tip: I've stayed in both the front and rear parts of l'esperance, and they're both quiet and...
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jennnrenee
Reviewed 16 October 2014

What can one say about this hotel? Firstly, you will not find a warmer welcome anywhere in France. secondly, the Patrick, the host, was both jovial and extremely welcoming and was the perfect host throughout our stay. We stayed for three nights in October 2014 and the attention given to us could not have been improved upon, regardless what your budget is.

The rooms are adequately spacious and the breakfast is both plentiful and tasteful, especially the home made pastries which were always present.

We really enjoyed our visit to Deauville, which was in no small part due to the hospitality given to us at the L'esperance.

Thank you.

Room Tip: we only saw a couple, but the black and white one looked really interesting.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife and I spent one night here in June, before peak season, and were very impressed with the hospitality of our host, Patric. From the moment we stepped foot inside, he made clear that his focus was on making us feel at home. His friendly demeanor, be it upon our arrival or during breakfast the following morning, stood out most during our stay. For this reason I'd recommend L'Esperance. As for the rooms, they were average - no AC, somewhat old structure, though the place certainly had character. If you stay here you MUST check out the market that takes place down the street in the central town pavilion. Incredible.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple