“Tasty and friendly”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Sweet restaurant in a traditional setting, extremely busy, they seemed to take covers all at the same time which meant a shortage of menus to give out and delay in taking orders - but they were friendly, hard working and organised, so whilst we waited over half an order to order food we trusted they would get to us and we relaxed with our delicious Sancerre. The food was fresh, delicious (steak with Camembert sauce was amazing) and beautifully cooked (food was a short wait from ordering), staff were great, really friendly and smiley. Fab eve.

2  Thank Catpin9

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

I'm not going to write a super long review about a detailed dining experience but simply list the pros and cons. Unfortunately, the cons outweigh the pros.

I've heard plenty about this establishment's service, food and traditional ambiance however my experience fell short. Here's why:
- we ordered a set dinner menu with a few choices of starter, main and dessert but each dish took almost 40 mins each to get to our table. I'm not exaggerating, I promise. Normally this wouldn't matter too much but the only seat they had left was outside and it was super chilly so the wait experience was not good.
- when the food finally arrived, it looked sad. I ordered a Tête de Veau for my main since it seemed like a more unique choice. I've attached a picture for reference. So that's about the presentation.
- Taste wise, the meat was drowned in this thick sauce that extremely overpowered the meat. Furthermore, we discovered that there were barely any meat on the plate after digging through the large pile of sauce on top of it! (Three small fork-fulls)

All in all it was not a pleasant dining experience. But to be fair, below are the plus points:
- moderately priced
- friendly waitress recommending nice apple dessert (but sadly also took ages)

Again, I never usually complain about waiting time and all but it really did take incredibly long!

2  Thank Kenny Y
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

A very busy auberge with helpful staff. The formula menus offer very good choice of local specialities but you need to have a good appetite. It was a warm May evening and it was likewise in the auberge.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

we reserve a table for 4 and all of us found the dinner delicious. The wellcome , the service and the food were excellent. we ate seafoods included "langoustine" and snails (one of their specialities) , meat and finished this succulent meal with sublime desserts as "profiterolles" and ananas.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

Good, traditional, French not fancy food. A lot of locals were there...always a good sign. Open on Sunday nights. Old French environment. Specialty, escargot.