“A delightful evening dining experience”
Review of La Petite Auberge

La Petite Auberge
Ranked #8 of 688 Restaurants in Rouen
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2017

A charming, small, busy restaurant in a picturesque part of Rouen beside the Church of Saint Maclou offering traditional French cuisine with a good choice available. Pleasant, unpretentious surroundings, attentive staff and excellent value. The various courses (4 in our 28-euro menu) were generous, perfectly cooked, well presented and nicely synchronized. It's definitely advisable to book - we were lucky to get the last available table quite early on in the evening!

2  Thank Scottishshrub

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

A wonderful evening was had in this little restaurant next to the church of St Maclou. For €24 a head we were treated to a beautiful 4-course meal. It's worth booking because it is full every evening!

2  Thank Alex B
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Very nice atmosphere, good traditional food with apparently quality products. The service is was perfect...in a fully booked evening the beer arrived in 10 seconds...

1  Thank Calin P
Reviewed 1 July 2017

During our recent stay in Rouen, we were looking for a reasonably priced, yet authentic dining experience and this was perfect. Situated in the old part of town, the look and feel met our wishes and the food exceeded them. My wife and I each started with the escargots. The only mistake I made with that is I ordered 6 as opposed to 12. They were spectacular. We then has moules frites which were excellent. A bottle of muscadet complemented the entire meal and we left very happy. I highly recommend this place.

1  Thank sfinestone
Reviewed 30 June 2017

The "Le petite auberge" is a very nice and elegant restaurant down town Rouen.
Easy to find if you stay in an hotel in the old city.
Reservation for the dinner (one day before) is reccomended, becuase the restaurant, with its almost twenty tables, is usually full every day.
The atmosphere is very charming....you perceive to be in a restaurant of centuries ago...the tables are wide enough, with nice tablecloth.
I and my wife dined there two nights, the time we stayed in Rouen.
We were looking around for a nice restaurant along the day, but, to be honest, "Le petite auberge" has no competitors with this level of service in down town.
The food is excellent and well cooked, the wines are good as well.......
Seems to be a paradise....
Since you seat at the table you MUST wait 40/50 minutes to be served !!!!
For me is unacceptable.
May be the Owner will learn the lesson...but I'm negative on this.
the owen