Le Clos d'Hauteville
Domaine De Chatenay(Saint-Saturnin)
US$149
Inter Hotel Alizea(Saint-Saturnin)
US$95
Kyriad Le Mans Est(Le Mans)(Great Value!)
US$105
Hotels.com
US$96
  • Restaurant
Hotel Le Charleston(Le Mans)(Great Value!)
US$60
  • Bar/Lounge
US$91
Ibis Le Mans Centre(Le Mans)(Great Value!)
US$93
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Le Mans Est Pontlieue(Le Mans)(Great Value!)
US$74
ibis
Free cancellation until 02/06
Book now, pay at stay
US$49
All reviewsbreakfast was deliciousattic roomwelcoming hostsla grandebeautiful houseyogurthistoric areaperfect locationcomfortable bedbreadone night staywithin walking distancecity centrebernardtramjam
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We had one night here in Le Mans earlier this month.
We found it eventually, tucked away on the corner of the road. Parking wasn't a problem in the street outside, but our lovely hosts opened up the gates and allowed us to park just in the courtyard. We were quite taken aback by the house. It was just so grand and old.. stuff we dream of! Our children loved it too and were welcomed with handshakes and 'Bonjour' which they loved.

We had the top floor of the house to ourselves that night and it was perfect for us. We had one room with ensuite and our children had the twin room next door and shared our ensuite. We just left the doors open, it was very relaxed and private. As another reviewer has said, I was quite at ease to attempt my rusty French when speaking to Bernard and Christiane and they spoke back to us in French and English too. It was lovely. Nothing was too much trouble. The rooms themselves were very spacious, light, airy and spotlessly clean. Stylishly decorated. And the shower was great!

I have to say, I didn't know what to expect of Le Mans but I loved loved loved the Old Town. So so pretty and a visit is essential. It was Sunday and many of the eateries were closed but we did spot a lovely looking Creperie right in the town. Really nice place. Christiane had given us a map and explained how to get around.

I wish I'd taken a picture the next morning of our breakfast room; chandelier, 4 places set at a beautiful grand table, fresh fruit, cereal, jams and spreads, pastries, bread, hot tea and coffee, yoghurts, fruit juice and it was all laid out so beautifully and Christiane was so attentive and friendly.

We were actually quite sad to leave the next day! Our children asked if they could live there :o) I sincerely wish Christiane and Bernard the very best for a successful business as they have everything just spot on in my view. We hope to be back again! Thank you for looking after us so well.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sparkeyp
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in May of 2014, and were very pleased with this lovely property and our hosts. It took us about 20 minutes walking from the train station, but once we stepped inside the nondescript outer door into the courtyard and home, we knew we were in the perfect place. The hosts were incredibly helpful, providing us with excellent recommendations for restaurants and scenic walks in the city, They gave us a small map which they marked directions on, and it was only 5 minutes or so to get to the old part of the town center which was interesting and beautiful,
As for the room, it was very large and airy, with bright light from the windows. Each window had electric shutters for darkening the room when desired, which was very convenient. The beds were comfortable, and the shower and bathroom was excellent. Everything was very clean and decorated beautifully. And it was blissfully quiet for sleeping, The dining room was lovely, decorated with flowers, a glass vase collection, and art. And breakfast was delicious; croissants (with and without chocolate), baguette, butter, jams and jellies, cereals, fresh fruit, yogurts (many choices), juice, and a pot of coffee.

The only thing to mention is that there is no elevator, and the steps are a bit winding and steep, narrow at times. This was not a problem for us, but it might be hard for some people, so we thought it would be good to mention.

We loved staying here, and would definitely return!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Beautifully appointed bedroom and bathroom, very welcoming hosts, easy parking, walking distance of the Plantagenet town. Our hosts did all they could to help with maps and advice (and tolerated our attempts at French, even though both Bernard and Christine speak English). It is a genuine pleasure to recommend Le Clos D'Hauteville. Honestly, why stay in a chain hotel when you could come here?

Two cautions: if you have difficulty with stairs, you might want to check which room you will be staying in; the (magnificent) tramway system extension has meant that the one way system can be a bit confusing. Thankfully Bernard warned us of this in advance.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My sons and I visited France two weeks ago with our first stop in Le Mans. I wanted our experience to be special, which was one of the reasons we chose to stay at Le Clos d'Hautville. We were welcomed with open arms. Bernard and Christiane made us feel like family. The rooms were charmingly well appointed and very large with incredibly comfortable beds and high quality linens. Christiane and Bernard served a wonderful breakfast of local baked goods, jams, jellies and fruits. Everything was delicious. Bernard and Christiane speak very good English and gave us some great tips to the local sights and restaurants.

They went out of their way to make our stay a memorable experience. It's no wonder they are rated the #1 B&B in Le Mans. We can't wait to visit again on our next trip to France!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank dscanzio1
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Well, I think this review of mine is really due!
More than two years ago, in August 2011, I contacted Bernard and Christiane as I was looking for a room for a few weeks as I was working in Le Mans for a project that was requiring my presence for a few months.
The project ended up in enduring for TWO YEARS, and I stayed at Le Clos for all the period, travelling to and from my home in Italy almost every weekend.
Well, I must say that I was feeling like at home, and I was very disappointed when I had to leave at end of June. Now, I am looking forward to have another occasion to spend more time in Le Mans, and for sure Le Clos will be again my favourite place where to stay. I can stay there very happily, maybe even better than at home...!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business