“Couldn't agree more...”

Pace e Salute
Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Decouvrez dans un cadre atypique et pourtant traditionnel l'esprit chaleureux et convivial d'une ancienne batisse ou raisonne merveilleusement l'accent d'un vieux village Corse. Situee en plein coeur d'Avignon, laissez vous seduire par le charme de la pittoresque Place des Carmes. En degustation: Mets insulaires et continentaux, bases uniquement sur des produits frais, confectionnes pour une carte aux saveurs du marche. Experimentez egalement sa proposition unique et originale de Tapas meridionaux.
Reviewed 13 January 2012

... with all the positive reviews that led us to try this friendly spot. We went for lunch on a very quiet (six customers) day and, as those who have gone before us, enjoyed the relaxed, sincere welcome and the generous, richly flavored, home-style food. The dishes served at lunch are traditional entrées, main courses and desserts, most with a Corsican twist. For example, the Corsican sausage that came with the egg-topped salad starter (a meal in itself) was terrific. We will definitely return to try the tapas, served only in the evening.

Reviewed 17 December 2011

What a find! The owner talked us into letting her choose our dishes for us - I'm a picky eater, but she asked us our likes & dislikes in order to better choose for us. She picked fantastic dishes for us - a chestnut and pear soup with Roquefort (we said we liked cheese, forgetting that blue is not our favorite, but it was great in this soup), a palate cleanser of egg rolls, filled with Corsican cheese; Corsican mini burgers with ham, cheese, and fig jam ( must try this at home!); a very rich wild boar stew; and a chicken curry tiramisu - the weakest of the dishes, although the others were so stellar it would be hard to do better. The owner is unbelievably friendly and speaks English. Service is so nice and homey, she and her son make you feel so welcomel. One of the best meals we've ever had, and definitely one of our best meals in France ( nd we've lived here for 9 months). The Corscan wine was inexpensive and delicious, too.

Reviewed 8 October 2011

Family-run, Corsican, tapas-style fare. Recommendation from the nice folks at Lumani. The whole experience is a delight, from the mother who's clearly in her element caring for diners to her son who smiles as his mother helped lead the uninitiated (moi) through a Corsican tasting menu. They were packed and yet I was served in minutes; the entire staff seemed unhurried and happy to be doing what they were doing. Great food. The bill was a pleasant surprise, as well.

Reviewed 6 September 2011

Around the corner from Le Clos du Rampart B&B is this family run Corsican restaurant. Best characterised by the friendly service - the matriach looked after all aspects of our choices for us - making sure we didn't miss any of the authentic Corsican delights she had to offer. The food is very nice - small tapas style plates, blending the best elements of mediterranean cuisine. The house wine is cheaper than water and very tasty.
You'll enjoy the experience.

Reviewed 4 July 2011

I just spent a year traveling and writing about the foods of Thailand, Singapore, Japan, Indonesia, Argentina, Italy and France. I have had a LOT of great meals from around the world in the last year, but none compares to the meal I had at Pace e Salute.

The tapas were incredible. Every one was amazing, full of flavor, original, and delicious. I seriously am at a loss for words when describing the food! I ate lunch and came back for dinner the next day; each time, we just asked the owner to choose for us. She chose some incredible dishes! Everything was delicious, but a few highlights include the lamb tangine and the puffed pastry with cheese, walnuts and caramelized pearl onions. The parmesan mousse with tomato confit was surprisingly light and beautiful, the curried shrimp were full of flavor, and the white fish and plum dish was to die for. Seriously... I could go on. And ON. This place is a gem, the meals I ate go down as two of the best I have EVER had, and we're already planning our trip back to Avignon to dine at this place. I HIGHLY suggest it, but I do warn you in advance: after eating here, the following few days will be full of meals that are lackluster in comparison to the amazing meal you had at Pace e Salute! :)

1  Thank AJisthenewAR