Auberge de Cassagne & Spa(Le Pontet)
US$242
Agoda.com
US$131
US$118
  • Pool
Le Magnan Hotel(Avignon)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$87
Ibis Avignon Centre Gare(Avignon)(Great Value!)
US$85
Hotel Mignon(Avignon)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$69
1,000 results
All reviewsmodern wingnew sectionrooftop poolplane treesbeautiful buildingold buildingsuperior roomlovely hotelcentral courtyardthe main streethistoric hoteltrain stationseparate toiletrooms are largewithin the wallsbuffet breakfastcold meats
Reviewed 11 July 2017

This is my second stay at this hotel. Inadvertently this time I managed to book a room in the new section of the hotel - I think they may be cheaper. And with good reason. The rooms are really small and many have the bedrooms up narrow stairs from the bathroom. We were a party of 6 and 2 of us were staying 3 nights (while the others were just staying overnight). For some inexplicable reason we were booked in what may be the smallest room of the hotel. The others had slightly larger rooms. We requested and paid extra to stay in a room in the old section of the hotel which was spacious and far better. Dinner at the hotel is lovely - in the gardens and service is very good. And the location, across the road from the station is fabulous. It is a great hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you stay in a room in the older section of the hotel
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank JTMSydneyLondon
DIRECTION-AGH-CSL, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Cloitre Saint Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review regarding your recent stay with us.
We were delighted to read you had a nice holiday staying at our hotel and that you enjoyed the services and facilities in the Cloister part.
As you mentionned, we propose 2 wings in the hotel: the contemporary part and the Cloister part. It depends after of your feeling and taste.
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Cloitre Saint Louis we would like to thank you for your kind comment and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Our summer holiday in France began in Provence with Avignon as our hub. The Cloitre St. Louis is conveniently located just inside the gates of the old city....within walking distance of the train station and everything this lovely city has to offer. The hotel staff provided excellent dining recommendations, and handled all of our needs with professionalism and courtesy. From our room in this completely modern and renovated abby, we were easily able to make day trips to Marseille, Arles, and Aix en Provence. Book during the annual Music Festival of France for an added treat!!! Bon Vacance!!

Room Tip: An ideal location from which to explore the rest of Provence due to its proximity to the train station.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamey O

Dear Sir,

I would like to warmly thank you for this wonderful comment after your stay in our hotel the CLOITRE SAINT LOUIS. It is always a pleasure for us to receive such nice compliments. Your satisfaction is out best reward ! I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you for some real holidays in Avignon.
Best regards,

Reviewed 3 July 2017

This hotel was booked for us by the company that arranged our bicycle tour of Provence, so I don't know how much it cost, or the type of room we had. But I can say that the room on the second floor of the older building was quite large and appeared to be recently renovated, with a view overlooking the main large courtyard. Nicely appointed, modern, sofa, large bed, nice bathroom with separate toilet (with sink!). A/C was great for the 95F+ temps on the day we arrived. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had lunch in the outdoor dining area, just great! Also, breakfast was included in our package - it was a very good buffet with eggs, bacon, etc (unusual in our experience with most breakfast offerings in France). Pet friendly! Would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Didn't see the rooms in the new building, but 2nd floor old building is nice
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Thank you so much for this lovely review on TripAdvisor ! We are really happy that you fully enjoyed your experience at CLOITRE SAINT LOUIS. It is a pleasure to read your positive feedback and to share it with our team who strives continuously to improve our quality of service. Your satisfaction is our best reward !
Looking forward to welcoming you back again,
Best regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

The Hotel Cloitre Saint Louis is a really beautiful historic property that could be sensational but this time was very average .
I had stayed there in the late autumn of 2016 and had a wonderful stay with a gorgeous room in the old part of the Hotel with lovely tiled floors and plenty of space for my International Luggage .
I arrived in June 2017 from Paris on the TGV on a boiling hot day and was kept waiting for nearly an hour and a half to check in . There were five young receptionists on the reception check in desk , three girls who did all the work ,one admitting that she had only been there for two days an two handsome young males who stood in the back gossiping giggling and preening . The water cooler filled with mint and lime was empty and I suggested that it should be refilled .
My first room had a spiral staircase to access the room from a downstairs lobby , fine for someone with weekend luggage but not for an international traveller with 26kilo luggage . The second room also had stair access and so was not acceptable and by the time we reviewed the third room I was too tired and upset to care , the rom had excellent air conditioning , the bed was comfortable although the wardrobe space was tiny and the safe was totally inadequate resembling a small letterbox with a key that was not there and had to be requested and signed for subsequently . Bathroom although the having a bath had a toilet alcove which was almost impossible to use because of its small size .After a day I was sufficiently calm to politely make a complaint about the way I had been received on check in ,a senior receptionist assured me he would look into possibilities for another room , this did not occur .
On the first two days after my arrival the breakfast buffet although excellent and plentiful was staffed by disinterested staff , there was no clean cutlery or napery and tables were left uncleared so there was little to do but clear it one self in order to have somewhere to eat .The Subsequent arrival of a large party of German tourists improved breakfast considerably with the opening of a second room to make a large open space for the buffet with access onto the alfresco terrace which was charming .
A great shame because my first stay had raised so many expectations .

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Rosamund I

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.
I would like to extend my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced in the hotel.
I sincerely do regret that we did not live up to your expectations, be sure that all points noted will be fixed
we hope that you will give a second chance on the occasion of your next visit in Avignon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2017

I stayed in a double room on the third floor - small, budget price - £65/night. , comfortable. My stay was late april 2017. Most of the rooms are much more expensive than mine so it is really a 4 or 5 star place.

I would recommend the room/hotel. The hotel is very nice.

I did not eat there. The staff were helpful.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We would like to thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor regarding your stay with us.
We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and it is a great reward to read that for you. We will make sure to share your kind words with our staff.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.
Kind regards