Auberge de Cassagne & Spa(Le Pontet)
US$242
  • Restaurant
US$139
US$118
  • Bar/Lounge
Le Magnan Hotel(Avignon)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$89
US$128
US$118
  • Pool
Ibis Avignon Centre Gare(Avignon)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$74
ibis
  • Restaurant
Hotel Mignon(Avignon)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$69
All reviewsgreat locationbeautiful stoneweekend breakhotel doorair conditioningroom was large and comfortableold buildingcouple of nightsunderground parkingtop floorbudget hotelcharming hotelpapal palacesquareconsulatefrancedorian
Reviewed 14 July 2017

This hotel has a fantastic location, directly on the courtyard across from the Palais des Papes. The hotel building used to house the Spanish Consulate, and the restaurant has a fireplace that is hundreds of years old. The age of the building shows in some respects: the room we stayed in (6 bis) sloped a bit and fixtures were outdated, and the hotel corridors snake around and are not wide – the hotel says there will be a renovation soon. Overall these quirks were not a big deal. Of more concern was the lack of WiFi during our entire weekend visit.

We enjoyed our stay, and the staff was friendly and accommodating. The restaurant is excellent, and we had the good fortune to enjoy a wonderful dinner outside with a direct view of the Palais.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the recently renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe_King_traveler
Reviewed 23 June 2017

There's no question that the location is perfect. In fact, my room had a view directly across from the Palais des Papes.

The first thing that took me a. It aback was when I opene the front door of my room and stepped directly into the bathroom (an open area with dee tub and sink ... the toilet was in a small closet). The room was extremely small. I'd say this is definitely a room for a solo traveller (room 27).

That said, the bee was comfortable. One thing to watch out for (don't know if all rooms are like this). The bed actually sits on a solid stone base ... careful as you go around the bed so you don't stub your toe.

One big problem for me which I did not have time to follow up on (I checked in the afternoon and left very early the next morning) .... the hotel advertises it has free wifi. I only saw 2 private connections. It seemed to me there was no wifi. One of the reasons I choose ANY accommodation is free access to wifi

Btw, the staff was very friendly on check in

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2017

My wife and i stayed there recently for one night. We had a room on the top floor overlooking a square opposite the Palais des Papes. The room had recently been renovated. Nice beautiful stone walls inside the room, spacious bathroom, even though the room itself was quite small. Parking was in a public underground parking and was affordable. Not very convenient if one has a lot of luggage, though. Thankfully, we left our heavy luggage in the trunk and took just a carry on with us. There is an elevator (very small, jut OK for 2 people). WIFI works well. Maintenance is lacking. The chandelier in our room was missing two light bulbs, the toilet paper holder was falling apart...

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Very friending when we came to book the table earlier in the day. When we arrived for dinner they didn't seem to care about us, we ordered wine, eventually we found a bottle they had in stock, which was warm but with lots of ice turned out ok. My mother is dairy intolerant which they 'understood' no butter, no milk, no cheese, the steak then arrived with dauphinois potatoes so I ask for French fries and arrives potato wedges under cooked covered in butter ...... 20 minutes later. We tell the waiter we are not impressed and he just says ok and walks away. The table next to us, I move the plant and ants are everywhere, the waiter says oh yes ...... really would not recommend what seemed such a lovely place, very very disappointed

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2017

This hotel is a little hard to find if you are driving in. We drove in circles through a crowded restricted traffic area before finally parking (very lucky to find a space) and following directions on our phone to find it.

Access may be tricky, but the location and our very spacious rooms were superb. We had views of the ancient papal palace and everything we wanted to see was easy to find. Our meals both outside for lunch, and inside for dinner were great. We stayed an extra couple of nights.

The (reasonably priced) underground parking station is accessed by car outside the walls of Avignon, and by foot very close to the hotel.

Room Tip: Access parking outside the walls of Avignon. Try to get a room with views of the Papal Palace.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends