“Best Mexican in France!”
Review of Poco Loco

Poco Loco
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Poco Loco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #777 of 1,946 Restaurants in Nice
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

Food was prompt and delicious! Fajitas sizzled, brownie was hot and moist. Cafe Mexican was perfect finish! We highly recommend for expats having Mexican food withdrawals!

There are newer reviews for Poco Loco

Reviewed 25 January 2017

I have lived in Nice for 10 years and have avoided this place because I know good Mexican food and know how rare it is to find in France, and in Europe in general.

I decided to take a punt and use a promotion on the Fork booking site to get 50% off.

This restaurant has a really nice ambience (interior and music), is very clean and well staffed. The service was really attentive. The food was solid. I won't say excellent, but it was all very tasty, large portions and generally well executed.

My only criticism is the pricing. I know Nice well, there are many other restaurants that provide much more value. The prices in Poco Loco are simply too high to justify without a promotion like the one I had. I understand this is France and prices for Mexican food might be higher, but the fact is that most of the ingredients can be sourced locally and the pricing should really not be that high. 19 Euros for an enchilada or burrito is just way too much.

To leave on a positive note, we enjoyed the evening fully and would recommend this to people are perhaps are not too price sensitive.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

We love this restaurant and go there almost every visit. You are probably scratching your head thinking "Tex-Mex in France?" It's well prepared and tasty. I grew up in Texas too. The service is friendly. You most likely will be dining with the French, since they get French food all the time! Locals and French tourist frequent this place and they have a Margarita Happy Hour.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

Seeking a taste of home we went here for dinner. We learned our lesson about checking the pricing before committing to eating somewhere. We ended up spending 50 euros for average food for the two of us (a Negra Modelo was 6.50!). My mole was far too spicy for my taste but I'm sure others would love it. My main problem with the restaurant was the poor value it offered.

Elmasguapo, Propriétaire at Poco Loco, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Hey WapatoKids

Unfortunatly France and specialy Nice is a bit more expensive than Mexico, as you could experience from yourself,
Just for info our prices can be seen at any time at the door of our restraurant.
If you compare to other's restaurants close to ours, im sure you will see that the pricing is not so bad.

Apprently you are Mexican, so ill write you in our mother tongue, easier for us.

El mole la verdad, si esta picoso, pero para un Mexicano la verdad de que te quejas ?
No te creas companero, lastima que no te aya gustado, la proxima vez que pases avisame, te pago unas chelas.

Hasta luego.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

After a few weeks of French travels we were craving some good ol' Mexican food.Found Poco Loco via Trip Advisor and headed off.Were prepared for the worst after reading some of the reviews but were pleasantly surprised.Guacamole was decently made;chips were fresh and the beer was almost cold enough. :)

Beef enchilada and chicken flautas were both reasonably well done.The stand out was their refried beans.These are often an after thought in many Mexican restaurants but theirs was very well seasoned and delicious even sans melted cheese.

Service was great with a very pleasant and good humoured man taking care of us

Would return again.

1  Thank VancouverZengirl

Hey VancouverZengirl

Thanks a lot for your positive comment, come back any time and please let us know.
As you could see we are openned since 1989 and loads of customers come from the very begining, they cant be wrong :)

Good day.