US$435
US$147
HolidayInn.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$163/night.

US$207
US$174
  • Beachfront
US$185
US$161
  • Pool
Le Panoramic Boutique Hotel(Nice)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$83
US$99
US$78
Hotel Helvetique(Nice)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$81
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$90/night.

US$177
US$169
  • Bar/Lounge
US$721
2,349 results
All reviewsgreat locationrooftop restaurantold townsea viewtop floorcorner roomsun loungersmediterranean sealarge balconyfrench rivierasea frontmonte carlopromenadeterrassemonacoeurope
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights and 2 days late July 2011. It is a perfect location, in the "hub bub" of crowded excitement; and if you plan to be out and about on foot, sightseeing, and "on the go" the entire time this place is for you. They offer a delicious breakfast buffet (for $). The McDonalds next door on the corner was vital for Wifi which I could not get to work in the room, and it made a fun place to people watch while checking my email each morning. It is also very convenient to walk across the street to enjoy a short time at the beach, if that is what you WANT to do. There are private beaches, where you can rent chairs for the day...there are adjouning restaurants and beachside waiter service (although we found the service slow). Do keep in mind that Nice is NOT the best beach location overall. You MUST wear swim shoes or it is impossible to walk on the beach or out in the water. Those pebbles are not smooth. I enjoy taking a beach stroll and going in the water and you really can't do either here. The beaches in Menton, Cannes and St Tropez are nicer. Overall, this hotel was clean and convenient, and suitable for our purpose; but not a place to come for relaxation, romance or peace and quiet.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the balcony view which overlooked the side street and beach view. There was not enough room to sit on the balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
meridiennice, General Manager at Le Meridien Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2012

Dear Raerone,
We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us last July.
Indeed, Le Méridien Nice is very much at the centre of all attractions. The beach is right opposite the hotel, the swish pedestrian zone is just around the corner and the old town is within easy walking distance.
For those of you who wish to go further afield, Nice lies inbetween Menton and Cannes with both being a €1 bus ride away.
As for your smallish balcony, may I suggest you book an Executive Terrace Room on the upper floors next time. You'll appreciate the 18 sq.m. private terrace.
Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.
With my best regards

Reviewed 8 November 2011

The last time we stayed in Nice we stayed @ the historical Hotel Negresco. I preferred this hotel because it is obviously more modern. Our room was fantastic with window views from floor to ceiling. (hint:you only have balconies on the top few floors of the hotel) You could easily lounge on the balcony chaises reading a book and looking at the Mediterranean towards Monaco for hours at a time. Beds are super comfy. Outdoor/upstairs bar great views of Nice and friendly, informative staff. Pool tiny but not important as the Med is right at your feet. Breakfast buffet large and pricey. No other option for breakfast in hotel so if you want something light walk outside for many options near hotel. One positive note, I liked the fact that you were given one complimentary admission to a museum. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank skiergirl99
meridiennice, General Manager at Le Meridien Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2011

Dear skiergirl99
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on this website and I'm really glad that you enjoyed your entire stay with us.
I'm delighted that you appreciated Le Méridien bed experience - what comfort indeed!
The team on our magnificent rooftop restaurant/bar will be so pleased to hear that you found them friendly and informative, as they work hard to ensure that every guest feels special.
Do hope that you will be able to manage a return visit in the not too distant future.
With my best regards

Reviewed 7 November 2011

This is another terrific hotel, mostly because of the location and the view. Our experience was sensational, and although we only stayed one evening, I wish it would have been longer.

We travelled on October on our honeymoon, and made a point to stop here becasue we wanted to go to the opera in Nice on our way through to Monte Carlo. Well, we fell in love with the city, and wish we could have spent more time here than just one night.

The hotel itself is very good, but we received a platinum upgrade / honeymoon upgrade (and booked on points) to a room with a fantastic view. We had a bang-on view of the Bay andthe Promenade des Anglais, and our room was on the top floor of the hotel meaning that the balcony was very large and open (i.e. nothing above us). The room was quite small, yet functional, but when you have a STUNNING view like that, we spend much time outside on the balcony.

We didn't really try much else here since it is in such a terrific location. I'm sure I wouldn't have enjoyed the hotel quite as much as I did had we not received that terrific room with a spectacular view. I'll return to this hotel again so that we can spent much more time in Nice, which is a terrific city.

Room Tip: You MUST get a room with a full balcony and a head-on view of the Bay. Otherwise, you will be missing out on the best this hotel has to offer. You're in Nice -- splurge on the view!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank musicmansimpson

Dear musicmansimpson,
Thank you so much for your great review. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us even though it was short.
Very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Le Méridien Nice in the not too distant future.
With my best regards,

Reviewed 5 November 2011

We arrived on Bastile day and had a fabulous view of the magnificent parade and evening show on our veranda! the street was alive with music, people and fun. the beach was literally across the street and the location is the BEST! you are in the center of lovely shops, both charming and upscale. the diverse options to dine are surrounded by this spot in all price ranges. shopping in the flower mart was my favorite place to pick up lovely souveniers, as well as Louis Vuitton if you dare (you can see it from the hotel) The beach was lovely, however we preferred to use the beach Galion next door, not as stuffy and same cost to rent chairs and umbrellas each day (yes there is a charge) you can also use the public beach without food service and no chairs. Having a glass of rose' with a pizza or watermelon (like no other) was wonderful. the ice cream was amazing! we took a train to monaco and Monte Carlo, but opted to take a private car back, train was a hassle, very hot, taxi ride there and then to get a taxi at the station in monaco took forever as well as costly, just take a car! the walk through monaco was special to me. Do not miss the Cathedral and take a trolly to the famous Casino. A wonderful experience!

Room Tip: we had to change rooms several times. we first had a corner beachfront suite, however the manager was trying to charge us more than we committed to with our travel agent. they moved us to another room with a musty smell. finally, they got it straight and we had a lovely room that was clean and had a magnificent view! there is a lovely restaurant on the rooftop!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maryellen k
lm-nice, Directeur général at Le Meridien Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Dear Maryellen,

Thank you very much, it is always a pleasure to know that our guests have a great stay with us.
As you said, the hotel has a very pleasant location, right on the Promenade des Anglais, facing the sea and a few minutes from the principal attractions: beaches, museums, shopping area and of course, the old town. I am glad to learn you also appreciated our Rooftop Terrasse on the 10th floor offering breathtaking views over the Mediterranean sea.

We really look forward to welcome you back at Le Méridien Nice,

With my Best regards,

Reviewed 1 November 2011

The location of this hotel is excellent as is the attitude of all the staff. Internet was also free in both rooms we stayed in. And here's the problem; having to stay in two rooms because the first one was not in the best conditions. We arrived late to find paper toilet floating in the toilet. The bathrooms themselves looked ordinary and not thoroughly cleaned. It was also a little on the small side so next morning we upgraded to a junior suite with superb views. What I found annoying was the lack of small details such as walking into your hotel room after a late-night flight and not having even a complimentary bottle of water on the table. The windows looked cheap and were not good insulators of sound. I asked the staff if they could put me in one of the renovated rooms and was told this was a renovated room. I think a small facelift and more attention to detail (and cleanliness) would give this hotel a huge boost. It has all the ingredients from an unbeatable location and excellent staff to the best views in an extra-beautiful city.

Room Tip: Junior suites are a little extra but worth it for the views and reduction in noise
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Moukakoul

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in our hotel with Trip Advisor Community and thus giving me the occasion to apologize about unpleasant details that may have impacted your stay at Le Méridien Nice.

I hope that our iconic location, right in front of the Promenade des Anglais and a few steps from the old town and the luxury shops, as well as the breathtaking view offered by our Junior Suite, counterbalanced these details.

I really look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.

Best regards,