US$223
Free cancellation until 02/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$149
1,097 results
All reviewsthe bussea viewsimple hotelold townrooms are basiccroissantsmin walkhotel is perfectnice airportclean hoteltop floorvisit nicesea frontstayed here for nightsplace massenafrench rivierapromenade
Reviewed 1 September 2017

A bit away from the main center (25 min walk) but right across from the beach. Quiet hotel, spacious room although a tiny bathroom - which is to be expected. Staff were friendly and helpful - the hotel maintenance man came and helped me with my shower promptly when I had an issue. The only issue I had was that I put up the 'do not disturb' sign and twice one day I had housekeeping knock on my door. But, other than that, great value for the money and friendly staff. I showed up a day late (darn you Stansted express!) and they were quite accommodating. There was some works across the street from the hotel which was a bit noisy but that was only if I had the window open. I would stay here again - it was nice being a bit away from downtown Nice (but right on a bus route for anywhere you'd want to go). Was a solo female and felt very safe. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Pierre P, Directeur général at Ibis Budget Nice Californie Lenval, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel after your stay. We are very happy that it went well and that you appreciated it.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Having stayed here last year (see previous review), I rebooked on my return when my friends and I decided to go to Nice again - Friday 14th-Monday 17th July.

This time we were a group of 4 girls and our room came with one double bed and a bunk bed with two singles. The view was directly to the beach and sea, beautiful to wake up to (-:

I was lucky enough (?!) to get the top bunk. Bed was absolutely fine, but a little disappointing that I had to put the duvet in each time it was changed.

Room was perfectly adequate for us. Yes it is basic but we paid £20 per person, per night, so to be quite frank, I'd feel rude to complain! Service on Reception was always great, extra towels and pillows provided whenever we asked.

Room was clean and quite. All plug sockets are located nowhere near the beds, forcing us to physically leave the bed to snooze the alarm (-; There are no tea and coffee making facilities which I think would cheer a lot of guests up, especially us English - we do love our tea....even with UHT milk.

Hotel is a trek from the Old Town and Massena, etc. but I'd happily walk along the promenade of the French Riviera every day! Think it took us around half hour to walk back. There's plenty of buses and taxis and we took a tuk tuk one night at €20......with all four of us in one, it was a hilarious journey.

There are massive roadworks going on right outside the hotel, never disturbed our stay even with a room above it. They are extending the tram line out, which is fantastic news for this area. Taxi we took to the hotel (€37) said it was expecting to complete later in the year/early part of next.

I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this hotel or indeed returning. Yes it is exceptionally basic, there really is no glam however for £20 a night per person, a clean, quiet and safe room is all that is needed and was exactly what was provided.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Pierre P, Directeur général at Ibis Budget Nice Californie Lenval, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel after your stay. We are happy to count you among our loyal customers. Thank you again for your kind message.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Easy to find in the dark with its bright blue lighting, road works currently all along in front of hotel so looks more like a building site, public car park underground opposite hotel, but no discount for hotel guests as in other ibis budgets in cities.
2 people at reception, the guy did all the work while the woman floated around ignoring all the guests. Checked in quickly but realised they had given us 2 rooms, for a family, on different floors (the reservations were made at the same time on the same booking so feel this should automatically be considered before assigning single rooms) so then had to rearrange things, eventually got us on the same floor but not together. Thankfully the kids are teens otherwise I would not have been happy.
Front of hotel is obviously quite new as glass is modern looking. Reception area looked quite modern too. Older building behind but this means the rooms are larger than average for an ibis budget, also means separate bathroom instead of shower in the room which seems quite standard of the brand. Rooms were clean and comfortable and standard layout of decent sized double with single bunk over.
The hotel is situated away from main town of Nice and there is nothing much around. We had arrived later than expected, due to traffic, and kids were hungry. The coffee shops situated either side of the hotel were already closed, as was the small supermarket up the road. Walked towards the sea front one block in forwards and it is deserted. No bars or restaurants along that stretch of the promenade. Walked along the sea front and then doubled back towards the hotel, eventually passing an ok looking burger bar with a mini mart next door so got some basic supplies. The walk back to the hotel passed some unsavoury looking characters, wouldn't have liked that walk alone.
You're probably advised to take the breakfast in the hotel on a Sunday morning as the coffee shop are not open on Sundays so no other option for breakfast.
There was some noise in the night with car horns and shouting at various times of the night, don't know if the is normal for the area or just unfortunate for us this night.
Over all the hotel was nice and inexpensive in comparison to hotels in the area during the main season but be aware of lack of facilities locally when booking

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Pierre P, Directeur général at Ibis Budget Nice Californie Lenval, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

thank your for your feedback.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I arrived and was met my the most unfriendly reception staff who were so disinterested in me or my booking,didn't bother offering breakfast or parking,which every other Ibis has.
Got to my room,but on arrival it was being cleaned, so had to wait to drop off my bags while it was sorted..only to discover later at 11:30pm that my bed had no sheets,pillow cases or duvet cover , I was too exhausted to go back down late at night and there was no one on reception then anyway,but in the morning I told them and the guy said "ok..bye"

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Pierre P, Directeur général at Ibis Budget Nice Californie Lenval, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

The commodities of the left notice after your staying at our host. We apologize for the hospitality that you the food plan. The standard rooms are made up of a double bed and a bunk bed. The top bed is never made. The sheets are placed on them. ...

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Room was clean however a little dated. Bathroom could have done with a brighten up and new sealant around bath etc however did the job especially for the price. Staff were helpful and let us keep our bags in the hotel before check in and after check out so we could explore.
Great location. Bus stop right outside which takes you into the center of Nice. Very close to the beach. We were given a sea view from the top floor without requesting.
Breakfast left a little to be desired, we found it much better to go to the carrefour 5 mins walk away to buy food in the mornings.

Room Tip: Views of the sea from the top floors at the front.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

thank you for your feedback. Thank you for your message