“Calm, classy oasis”

Hotel du Petit Palais
Ranked #1 of 203 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Stayed a few days at this elegant, cozy, 'petit' hotel in Nice and would return again. We appreciated the prompt, polite service and the well appointed, fair sized room with a splendid view of the city. Good, tasty breakfast at extra cost. Close to some outstanding museums, enjoyable restaurants and the impressive cathedral.

Room Tip: Quiet and pleasant
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 June 2017

The room towards the ocean was nice, quite and had good furniture. The bathroom was small but functional. The breakfast gibes good value for money. And the extremely friendly staff had good information. Negative was that they rrjected to credit me the Best Western Rewards because my reservation was with booking.com and not on their own reservation system (minus 1 point)

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2017

The receptionist should be replaced-no smile- no help at all - we think we interrupted her personal phone and that made her mad. Was of no value. Facility is very nice. Phillipe is very good. We may or may not come again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Hotel du Petit Palais was even better than expected! I little oasis of relaxation. Eating outside on the terrace made the holiday so relaxing and the pool area with it's pretty garden, charming pool and shaded area for lunch was just perfect. Patrice is a delight and explained his desire for the hotel to have a 'family' of staff, and he has definitely acheived this. Nothing is too much trouble, everyone without exception provide a relaxed and professional service. Exceptional! Breakfast a good selection for all tastes and highly recommended. Thank you for making my 50th birthday weekend break a memorable one.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Looked for a nice place to stay after formula 1 in Monaco.
After prepaying over $900, the owner/operator was an absolute flamming, raving, condescending, lunitic, that totally disliked foreigners!
The first nite there had no shampoo & cream rinse in the bathroom or face soap!
The next morning when I opened the room door: there was the maid and the cart. I didn't speak French so only using hand gestures I took a shampoo & cream rinse.
After breakfast, my wife & I were preparing to leave when suddenly we were surprisingly acosted by the owner/operator Patrick like a small lap dog barking!
He was yelling & pointing his creepy little finger in my face, ranting & raving that I took the shampoo from the maids cart?......saying these items are provided only for customer accomadation........?
He then proceeded to tell me that w/my hair I don't need shampoo!
People have been telling me for years that I look similar to Dustin Hoffman!
He then proceeded to tell us to leave after prepaying for all!
My wife was severely taken back and practically in tears.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple