“Exellent choise of wines.”
Review of cave wilson

cave wilson
Ranked #705 of 2,149 Restaurants in Nice
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centre
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This place has transformed since I used to visit it about 10-15 years ago.
Still selection of good wines, kazzevenings and good simple food. Simple means salads and mixed charcuteri&cheese. But in a good way. Better keep it simple and do it well.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Bad food, terrible service and high prices... Need I say more? The cheese platter was so stingy I wondered if I was in Vietnam. The goats salad had two little pieces of goats cheese and olive oil ( who knew a simple dressing was so complex?!). The boeuf bourgignon had three little cubes of beef three tiny potatoes and was almost 20€... We were told we could not take longer than an hour as the table was reserved. Fair enough, three minutes before our time was up the owner/ manager/ waiter came to take our table to take our order for our second round of drinks after leaving us rather neglected most of the time. When I reminded him of the time he waved his hand as if to say 'they are not here yet go ahead and order'. He took our order walked off came back five minutes later telling us that we had to leave immediately as the people who had reserved had arrived. Ridiculous. I understand French waiters are reputed for being arrogant but this was beyond my expectations. Don't bother with this place!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Went on a Saturday night when the rain was relentless!! Had a wonderful plate of meats, cheeses and bread and the wine which was a recommendation from Antoine was very special . So good in fact that we had another!!! Music was by courtesy of John (the blues man) who entertained us all night. Made our last night very special indeed. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Nice's best place for a night out. Good jazz groups several nights per week. Spontaneous dancing is likely to occur. The owner is super attentive and has decorated thoughtfully. Wonderful wine selection with a broad price range.

1  Thank Brian435
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

A trip to Cave Wilson on Rue Gubernatis produced an interesting evening. A young singer caled Ricky Lee Greene tackled a selection from the Great American Songbook. He was using backing tracks, which obviously required him to use the timing of whoever the song had been arranged for, anf he seemed a little hesitant at first. However he soon warmed up and seemed to relax. I found the use of the backing tracks a touch mechanical, but I'm sure when he stsrts to work with live musicians it will become easier for he has a vrry good voice.
The atmosphere in Cave Wilson is always very pleasant, and Antoine, the owner, always offers excellent wine and with a plate of cheeses, bread and quality music it msde for an enjoyable Saturday evening.