“Terrible”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centre
Description: The japanese restaurant "zen" is opened since 1993. You can find sushi, sashimi, teppanyaki and also yakitori. We have a beautiful zen garden inside the restaurant, 3 bars and 4 different areas with 250 seats. We are open every day for dinner and lunch time.
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Will give an extra star for the service but the food was NOT at all remotely japanese.
The "tempura" were niçois beignets, the teriaky sauce tasted like store bought sauce and the food was all in all disappointing.
I never tried their bento or their sushi which seems to be good but if you're looking for good Asian food this won't be the place.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

great value authentic japanese food - extremely hygienic - the bento lunch box is unbeatable, we adore the salad and fish bento!

Reviewed 8 March 2017

We walked by this restaurant and decided to try. The food was great and the service good. We have not had much japanese food before but this was so good tasting. Will definitely eat there if I am ever in Nice again.

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Teppanyaki restaurants are not common, and here you have a number of table equipped for it.
The location offers also a couple of private rooms with traditional japanese seating and a view on a small japanese garden. The main room is old looking and would need to be freshened up.
The service is very professional and friendly.

The menu offers a variety of sushi (fairly traditional) sashimi and two Teppanyaki menus that you can assemble at your wishes, which makes it interesting.
We had two good sushi and I tried the Teppanyaki with chicken and scallops. The preparation in front of you is always nice, even though it was nor a show (in other places the chef actually performs some tricks with knifes etc). The food was well prepared and good. Only one problem: while serving the tofu a piece missed my plate and ended up on my shirt and pants, luckily being only grilled didn't stain my cloth.
Price is acceptable.

Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

Sorry to say apart from the nice friendly gentleman this was absolutely awful!

We stopped off as wasn't sure what to eat we chose from their €17 menu. A starter and a main.

We left absolutely everything after trying it. The food was lukewarm and chicken was raw. I pointed this out as they took our full plates away.

I couldn't wait to leave. My daughter was sick all night and I had tummy pains.

Never again!