Mas de la Senancole
US$337
US$327
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$362/night.

US$884
US$579
  • Pool
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$781/night.

Auberge de Carcarille(Gordes)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$359
Le Petit Palais d'Aglae(Gordes)(Great Value!)
US$358
US$341
Hotel Les Ambres(Roussillon)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$129
Le Mas des Romarins(Gordes)(Great Value!)
US$295
US$286
Orbitz.com
Le Mas Destonge(Roussillon)(Great Value!)
US$232
Domaine Les Martins(Gordes)(Great Value!)
US$311
US$301
Au Ralenti du Lierre(Beaumettes)(Great Value!)
US$135
All reviewsadjoining restaurantwalking holidaybreakfast is servedpoolterraceprovence
Reviewed 14 September 2016

Family run hotel, decent light airy rooms (although our air con was a little noisy). A little way out of Gordes, well located for exploring the region. Pleasant breakfast room with a reasonable continental buffet and tables outside around the pool if you prefer. Great pool - have I mentioned that? Staff welcoming and whole stay very relaxing. The adjoining restaurant (L'Estellan) was excellent and convenient for evening dining

Room Tip: Some rooms have French doors and sun loungers - ask for rooms at the back to avoid traffic noise
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gwyneth H
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

A very nice small hotel with nice rooms, a basic breakfast, and beautiful pool was excellent as our base for exploring the hill towns and lavender fields of the Luberon. Restaurant next door is excellent. Only criticism is the weak wifi signal in our room.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 9 April 2016

I cannot believe this is only at no. 11 near Gordes. It is an excellent residence.

We travel "on the hop" around Europe with our dog and stumbled upon this hotel whilst driving through to see Gordes. I popped in and asked at the very friendly and helpful Reception whether they had a room for 2 nights (with a dog), but unfortunately they had only 1 night. We took it and checked in. I asked if they could let me know if they have a cancellation. I took a card and we went to see Gordes, which is most interesting and also where they filmed the restaurant from A Good Year, with Russell Crowe.

The hotel is on a lovely quiet Provence road, with its own restaurant next door, and a further restaurant available a short stroll over the road.

It has a welcoming feel, and a real ambience. There is a lounge area to relax in, with the pool beyond, and a separate buffet building beside that where you have your breakfast. Around the pool, which is set in beautiful gardens and quite serene, with loungers and tables/chairs, it is most relaxing and quiet. A place to slip away with your thoughts. It is very clean and tidy.

Our room was on the ground floor, down a hallway at the end, and has its own private small garden area, leading to further gardens (it is not enclosed). There is a table and chairs and 2 loungers with an umbrella for relaxing and your view is of the gardens. Most tranquill.

The room itself is spacious, has air con, with a large bed, small flatscreen TV, storage, a desk and shower room. Patio doors lead to the garden. Decoration is to a high standard. It is tiled throughout. There is plenty of storage in the wardrobe and chest of drawers. Be advised, there is no kettle, so bring your own.

The bathroom is very clean and spacious. The shower is really fabulous: strong & good temperature, and the towels are fluffy. Just what you need.

The best feature of this room is the bed. It is a really good quality bed, with a memory foam mattress. I even tried to get the make to buy one myself! We had one of the best night's sleep in a hotel ever. Thank you!

Dogs are welcome everywhere, on leads, and the gardens make life so easy for dog owners. If only the English were as forward thinking as the French! Dogs are welcome at breakfast, be considerate and take a corner or window table.

Breakfast is a buffet affair, with plenty to eat and tea and coffee.

The restaurant serves good food, with a nice atmosphere. It is mid-range prices.

We had a nice meal over the road, for a change of scenery, which was lovely too.

In the morning after our 1 night stay, reception advised us that there had been a cancellation, and they straight away thought of us. They offered us another night in the same room, after some juggling, and went out of their way for us. I would contest anyone who said they were not helpful or friendly here!!

This is a very serene, clean, friendly hotel, and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Room 33 has a garden
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ShagratBell
Reviewed 17 August 2015

Although rather modern, a nice place to stay taking account of the close distance from Gordes village. The garden and swimming pool are very nice. Breakfast is good, staff is nice and the nearby restaurant attached to the hotel serves nice local food.

Room Tip: All rooms are fine.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EJM20152015
Reviewed 29 July 2015

Yes,the garden is pretty, with all the flowers, the happy olive tree and the lavendar bushes! So is the pool and the breakfast area near it.
It's location is good for those wanting to visit Gordes and Roussillon and Abbey de Senance; well, for visiting the Vaucluse area.
Unfortunately though, there are some BUTS which would put us off staying there again inspite of the above.
The hotel has absolutely no personalized service and therefore NO soul, no warmth - specially during breakfast. Let me give you an example that shocked me/us. When we returned in the evening, the receptionist who was in the lobby walked up to us and with no greeting whatsoever asked us 'number!' for the key, handed it to us and walked away again! No good evening, goodnight etc and this is how it was during our stay.
The staff of a hotel, specially the manager, are the heart of a hotel. When they do not connect at all with the guests, the hotel is cold, without a soul!
As for our room, it was ok, but, definitely not worth the price we paid.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank surya77
Mas84, Gérant at Mas de la Senancole, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2015

Dear Sir and Madam,
Thank you for your comment. We regret that you did not enjoy completely your stay.
I can remember you because you came 1 day before your arrival to see the room you booked. We well welcomed you my receptionist and I, showed you the room and gave you some information about the region.
I did not see you again during your stay, only on departure, I asked you how are you and you answered me briefly "good". My receptionist asked you if your stay was good and you said "Yes"! It is so easy to write a bad comment on Internet, but I was here on departure so you could be honest and told me why you were unsatisfied!
Concerning what shocked you, when people need their key we have to ask them the name of the room because we have 3 different receptionists and I suppose that the one you saw in the evening did not see you before!
And for the breakfast I do not understand the term "without soul"?? This is a buffet so maybe that is why you had this feeling?
We are sorry that you had this opinion about our hotel and maybe we did not have enough attention with you, but we have lots of people who come each year because they appreciate the place and our friendly staff, we will do the necessary to do better.
I really hope that your bad comment is not just because you wanted to stay 1 night instead of 2, that we refused because it was too late ( cancellation Policy ).
Yours sincerely