Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Turned up on time, but some glitches

Chamexpress rather spoiled the last day of our holiday by repeatedly sending us texts asking us to... read more

Reviewed 1 August 2018
PerthRaw
Perth
Mixed experience!

Booked a flexible ticket online for a transfer return Geneva to Chamonix (direct to the chalet). On... read more

Reviewed 9 July 2018
Tony H
Northumberland, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Chamonix
from US$127.40
More Info
from US$70.20
More Info
All reviews les houches driver mark bus transfer flex ticket great driver no issues safe driving delayed flight excellent service safe driver both ways friendly driver comfortable ride ivo popa info chalet
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Avoid this company like the plague! Wish we'd thought to read TripAdvisor before we booked! Paid for a private transfer - this didn't happen. Quick enough to take our money, but didn't have us scheduled for our resort transfer. Initially said we'd have to wait 6 hours for this, then managed to get us onto a minibus after 2& 1/2 hours. Managed to contact eventually (after 4 days) to check and confirm that we were scheduled for our return transfer. Then had to ring to see where they were as it didn't arrive - turned up an hour late (not private transfer again). We were driven so badly and aggressively by a miserable driver, that my 7 year old daughter was travel sick for the first time in her life. A chap who was also on the bus did ask the driver at one point if he knew what side of the road he should be on, as he 'feared for his life'! The driver clearly knew that he was in the wrong, as he apologised for his driving when we got to the Airport.
Chamexpress wouldn't answer my emails or phone calls. When I did manage to get through, Alyssia or William (apparently the people to speak to) were always unavailable. I'm still waiting for their response to my complaint a month on.
If you doing still opt to use ShamExpress, I'd suggest that you book with a credit card and so if there's any issue, do contact your card provider and ask them to investigate the transaction under a Section 75 dispute - for breach of contract or misrepresentation.

2  Thank DrDMrsN
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Chamexpress is a minibus company that offers rides between Geneve airport and Chamonix generally every hour. They may combine the rides at their will and drop at the door.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We used the Chamexpress to travel to Megeve recently (known as the Megevexpress but run by the same company). The journey from Geneva was fine and it all ran smoothly.
The return was a different experience.
We were texted and requested to meet earlier than planned. We discovered once in the van this was so the driver only wanted to leave early as he had non other passengers that day and wanted to finish early. But not to worry it was only slightly earlier than planned so we weren't concerned.

When you travel from Megeve to Geneva you have to change buses in a car park. Our driver left us there and told us the next mini bus would be there very soon.

No one came. And for ages no one answered the phone numbers we had. When we finally got hold of someone, about 40 mins after we had been dropped in the car park, it transpired they had forgotten to put our booking on the system, so no one was scheduled to come and get us.

After much delay and promises that we would be collected imminently we finally got on a bus at 4pm for a 6.25pm flight. We arrive at Geneva after 5pm and ran to check-in as we had hold luggage. We only made the flight as we had chosen to book a very early transfer so we weren't rushing. If we'd booked it withe the right amount of time to spare then we would have missed the flight.

Now I understand that mistakes happen but what makes this worse is that I have email their customer services 3 times and had no reply, not even an apology. You can't call them and can only email!

If they had apologies afterwards then I think I would have been more forgiving bu to leave us in a car park in winter for nearly 2 hours and then to not apologies is not acceptable behaviour.

So I have to say I wouldn't recommend them.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We all got onto the 5 pm bus at Geneva airport and someone said "the driver looks very cross". His unpleasant attitude affected the whole bus, nobody dared say a word. The driver was to take us to our hotels or rentals but didn't announce anything and seemed not to speak either English or French. The terrible attitude of the driver was upsetting for everyone: Welcome to France! Not a good start to a holiday. That driver should do a different job, where being civil is unimportant.

1  Thank KathyW99999
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I booked tickets with Champexpress for myself and two others. My credit card was charged but never received an email confirmation for tickets. I followed the link on the website to print the tickets and was forwarded to a blank error page. I found three separate phone numbers for Champexpress and none of them worked. I emailed the company regarding the tickets and was sent email tickets three days later.

A week later, we waited one hour outside our hotel for our pickup. No one arrived. Finally we were able to communicate with Champexpress. We spoke to three different people all giving us different excuses as to why we weren’t picked up. Two Chamexpress buses actually stopped while on the phone with costumer service but refused to let us on. Champexpress then hung up on us and we have Not been able to reach anyone since.

Chamexpress is a great scam!! Expensive and unreliable. BEWARE.