Mercure Chamonix Centre Hotel(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$149
  • Restaurant
US$197
  • Pool
US$133
US$128
Alpina Eclectic Hotel & Spa(Chamonix)
US$157
US$152
  • Restaurant
US$228
US$221
Hotel Le Chamonix(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$242
US$218
US$109
Le Dahu Hotel(Argentiere)(Great Value!)
US$104
1,260 results
All reviewsthe busmont blancchamonix sud bus stopshag pile carpetspa facilitiescable carsteam roomhot tubhalf boardair conditioningswimming poolsuperior roomtown centreexcellent hotelclean hotelmountain viewfew minutes walk
Reviewed 13 September 2017

We did a package holiday with Riviera Travel and to ensure we would have a good view onto the Mer De Glacé and Mont Blanc I elected to pay a 200 Euro supplement for a superior room. This was our first disappointment. I requested from Riviera a room on a high floor and whilst this could not be guaranteed it was nevertheless confirmed on our documentation. I also wrote to the hotel manager requesting this and he also confirmed this in an email. Alas on our arrival and after having to wait almost three hours for our room key our superior room proved a big disappointment. It was on the first floor with limited views. I mentioned this at reception and was told this was the room allocated to us dispite the commitment previously given. The room was oppressive, dark brown coloured walls and similarly coloured shag piled carpets, and the bathroom equally oppressive and finished in black tiling. In addition the there was very limited lighting making our whole room experience oppressive and very gloomy.

We were on a bed and breakfast tariff with two inclusive meals taken throughout the week. Our first evening was one of the evening meals which proved a dining disaster. The hotel was very busy on the evening of our arrival mainly catering for a group of youngsters which were enjoying an electronic musical evening. This resulted in our evening meal being delayed. We came down as a group at 8.00pm for the meal and were eventually served our starter about one hour later. This for many of us proved an inedible complilation of vegetables which we found to be tasteless. The main course of salmon followed again after some delay and this was served on a bizarre mixture of mashed up vegetables which proved tasteless and inedible for many. The pannacotta dessert was the highlight of the meal. After this disaster we decided not to bother with the further inclusive offering but were persuaded after seeing the evening menu later in the week. We did return to yet another bizarre offering of duck which proved to be a very uneventful and very strange culinary offering bearing in mind that we are very familiar with French cuisine. The highlight of this meal was the bottle of wine we chose to go with the meal.

We were very much looking forward to visiting this hotel and persuaded to do so after reading some positive reviews on TA. Our experience proved otherwise.

The room was a big disappointment as where the two inclusive meals. The breakfast offering was however very good with a large variety of options available. Regretably we shall not be returning to this hotel or recommending to others. The star rating given in this review is primarily for the breakfast table and the one saving grace that our room was regularly cleaned and maintained. However this hotel proved to be a big disappointment for us.

Room Tip: Superior rooms not worth paying the extra for.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dagwoodbilly
Yann C, Directeur général at Le Refuge des Aiglons, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Dagwoodbilly,

I would like to thank you for your stay and for having taken the time to share your point of view on Trip Advisor.

Le Refuge des Aiglons was recently refurbished and the dark and cozy color scheme with modern, unique wooden deco (as shown on all room photos available online) is often source of compliments by our guests and we regret that our design didn’t match your taste.

The superior rooms are bigger than the standard rooms that you have originally booked through Riviera Travel, these rooms are also quieter, with bigger south facing balconies overviewing the hotels garden and the Mountains of the Mont-Blanc range, the extra cost is justified by the overall better experience.

I regret that I was never given the chance to manage your request for a high floor, neither before your arrival nor during your stay, as you stated on your review.
I am surprised about your comments our restaurant which according to most of our guests is “the highlight of the Hotel”. This was certainly a busy week, nevertheless, our restaurant staff was able to deliver the outstanding quality of service often praised and shared by our guests. Opinions that you certainly had the chance to read on this and other websites.

I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again at le Refuge des Aiglons and in the meantime I remain at your disposal.

Best regards,
Yann Crottet

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

A lovely hotel with amazing views. The breakfast is really delicious and I would recommend a treatment in the spa. We had a family room which was huge! I suppose my only negatives would be that the room was quite dark, and the toilet had no ventilation, but other than that, we had a great time. We'll be back I'm sure!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Yann C, Directeur général at Le Refuge des Aiglons, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear Clare J,

We thank you very much for having taken the time to share your comments with us and for your very positive review concerning your stay at Le Refuge des Aiglons****.

I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

We live in region and we came to Chamonix to celebrate our wedding anniversary...
We have enjoyed the decor of this hotel and the beds/pillows were comfy but there are a few things which we think would be helpful for a hotel.

As I mentioned , we liked the decor but If you have relatively small room and you put dark brown carpet in to it AND there is not much light- you gonna feel like in a cave! (unless it was intentional- then , well...you got the result).

Light was a problem for me -bathroom was decorated in black piles with 2-3 small lights , bu not enough bright for me.
There was 2 small lights in the corner of a corridor but not much helpful. Maybe it sounds funny but from woman point of view- when you want/need to prepare your make up in the evening -you need a good light:) ( (maybe stronger bulbs will solve the problem?)

We have also noticed that we received room with bathroom for a disable person, however, we did not requested it (we were surprised but we did not mind).

The room was also really warm which also made it hard to sleep. We couldn't open a window/door because it was too noisy. Some fans at the very least would help.

***** I already know that you do not have A/C due ecological reasons , which is fine with me , however, I suggest to mention it in a leafleet in each room and also that customers can always ask reception for a fan. This ( I presume) will be much more useful and you will have less comments via TripAdvisor that "hotel should install A/C".*****

Apart of that , all was just fine :
Faboulous view ,
staff very friendly & polite,
room very clean,
bathroom was spotless,
coffee , tea, water & wifi provided
Swimming pool, jacuzzi, SPA - all perfect.
I like the breakfast - lot of variety, all fresh made, Crepes were delicious and coffee too !

Still an overall pleasant experience..would still recommend it if you need a nice clean place to stay.

Room Tip: DO not take room close to the garage and sauna lift- is only one and constantly busy; you will wait for it for very, very long time!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Yann C, Directeur général at Le Refuge des Aiglons, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear Daga P,

First of all, I would like to sincerely thank you for your detailled and construtive review.

I am very happy that despite a few point that could be improve, it seems that you have truly enjoy your stay.

kind regards,

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, nice facilities and amazing spa. From the terrace you will enjoy one of the best views from Chamonix while sipping a drink next to the pool.
On Thursday's there is an "apéro musical", two hours of chill electronic music to help relax after a day in the mountains. Everyone gathers together, from families to business people to enjoy this good vibe.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Yann C, Directeur général at Le Refuge des Aiglons, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear orc22vv,

I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

This is our third time staying here. Last year we were slightly disappointed by the service however this year it was great. Our wardrobe door fell off when it was opened and it was rectified within minutes. We enjoyed a few drinks and food on the terrace enjoying the amazing views. Used the pool and small fitness room during our visit, can't beat the view from the pool. Great location, only a few minutes walk to the main hub. Boasts a secure car park at 15e per day or there's a large car park opposite. Worth upgrading to a mountain view room and ask to be high as the mountain view rooms overlook the pool and restaurant terrace. Bar prices for food and drinks didn't seem as expensive as it did last year, which is a good thing.

Stayed: August 2017

Dear DJWCheshire,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your comments with us and for your very positive review concerning your stay at Le Refuge des Aiglons****.

I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again next year.