Hotel Richemond
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$132
US$100
Mercure Chamonix Les Bossons(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$96
US$85
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Le Vert Hotel(Chamonix)(Great Value!)
US$61
All reviewsshower attachmenttinned fruitmont blancrefundable depositthe busan older hotelski room in the basementa lovely family run hotelboiled eggshand held showersingle roomcentral locationrooms are largefrench hotelbreakfast roomvisited this hotellots of hot water
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I have been visiting Cham since many years for mountaineering and I also have stayed at many hotels there as well.

In this place you can have a single room for EUR 63/night with a amazing view to Mont Blanc. That is definitely a bargain in Cham.

The staff is really friendly they even offered me an special breakfast cause I wanted to leave to the mountains earlier. Also wi-fi is free and fast.

The standard is old but is in very good condition. Especially the big lobby is great. And if you like old places you will prefer this one instead of a modern place.

I would give this place minimum one star more and I will definitely stay there again of I am back in Cham.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We loved this perfectly positioned hotel!

Yes it's a bit older but in so many ways this was the joy of the Richemond. Every encounter was an experience - the deep, claw foot bath was indulgent, breakfast had the best pastries and teapots with real tea cups were a great start to the day!
Staff were wonderful - friendly, helpful and v entertaining.
We would be happy to offer them another star!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2017

I stayed in this hotel 2 nights, one before the TMB and one after the TMB, and I found it an excellent place to stay.
Its location is very good, right is the middle of the pedestrian mall, close to all the shops and coffee houses.
The room with the balcony was very nice and comfortable, the staff was VERY friendly, breakfast was excellent, in short - I loved it!
I addition, on the checkout day, I had a whole day to spend in Chamonix before my shuttle to Geneva and my flight back home, so at 3 pm I came back to the hotel to collect my stored luggage, and they let me take a shower, gave me a clean towel, soap etc, that was really refreshing!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony to the main street
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

This old two star hotel in the centre of Chamonix is fairly cheap and a bit worn out but still has some of the grandeur of an old luxurious hotel at the beginning of the twentieth century. We stayed in a standard double room. Good bed, old bathroom, worn out and slightly grubby carpet, but still with the looks and feel of excellent French hotels of the former century. Staff is friendly and helpful, breakfast is ok except for the tinned fruit and the horrible coffee.
Book this hotel and imagine yourself in a five star venue in former times.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2017

For some reason, this hotel is rated by the powers that be as a two-star. We had a fabulous, updated room with waterfall shower, a soaking tub separate from the shower, a big walk-in closet, and separate living room space, as well as high-quality toiletries and fluffy bathrobes. The internet, at a very small fee, worked well, and the staff really couldn't have been more helpful. The breakfast buffet is lovely, with delicious pains au chocolat and less familiar French pastries, ample yogurts, eggs, meats, cereals, and drinks, all served in a large, high-ceilinged dining room with big windows. A wonderful start to the day. We will definitely stay here again when in Chamonix.

Room Tip: Room 21 is wonderful.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple