“Death by cheese wonderful cheese!!!!”
Review of Le Caveau

Le Caveau
Ranked #31 of 120 Restaurants in Courchevel
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Come to enjoy a friendly moment, by pushing the door of this mountain restaurant... You will discover a French and traditional cuisine, as well as a nice wine list. Don't miss our famous "Savoyard" specialities, while relaxing in this typical atmosphere !
Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Very busy restaurant, lovely and buzzy!
If you want a really good rustic and authentic alpine dining experience Le Caveau is certainly a winner, took a lil whole to get a table but while we waited I was taking the place in, so many lovely lil touches, the decor is old school, dotted with cowbells and old skis among other things really great atmosphere and melting cheese on wheels!!!!

Given that France isn't known for avoiding meat I was pleasantly surprised by the variety they had in vegetarian dishes and I loved the staff, so direct and to the point, friendly and personable!

And the cheese!!!! I ordered a pretty simple tarteflette based meal and I couldn't stop myself, breaded cheese that "bleeds" when you cut it! Oh my it was wonderful over those potatoes and salad! Even the house red was really good!

Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

Great traditional French restaurant, portions are very generous and there is a fantastic choice, the quality of the meats etc to dip in fondue were lovely and fresh. My only complaint was that for all the choices the majority were for a minimum of two, so if like me you went with my wife it limits your options.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

This is a very nice and quaint restaurant in 1550 Courchevelle. We ordered a delicious salad and a beer Pierrade. If you haven't had a Pierrade, you should try one. A hot stone is brought to your table and you cook your meat. The meat was tender and the accompanying sauces excellent. The meal also included a salad and frites. Unfortunately, we couldn't eat another bite but we did eat all the salad and tasted the frites. The service was excellent and the decor is rustic but very nice. Try it you will not be disappointed. Bon Appetit!

Reviewed 5 March 2017

This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel and we were not disappointed. The restaurant itself was nice, the atmosphere was a little lacking although that may have been because we were in a corner and it was not that busy. Having said that, the food was excellent. We ordered a €28 bottle of wine which was probably slightly overpriced however detract from the experience. Our only criticism was with the service which given that the restaurant was not full or even particularly busy, was rather slow at times. Having said that, still recommended for the excellent food and worth the trip down from 1850.

Reviewed 15 January 2017

Popped into this restaurant twice this week. Only place in 1550 heaving all the time. Amazing French restaurant, fabulous fondue, wonderful service, great atmosphere for groups, family's or couples.