Hotel Les Cygnes
  • Restaurant
Savoy Hotel Evian(Evian-les-Bains)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
Ethic Etapes Ct Lac Evian(Evian-les-Bains)
Hotel de France(Evian-les-Bains)
Hotel Le Littoral(Evian-les-Bains)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsknick knacksloved this hotelquirky hotelroom was clean and comfortablerooms are smalllake genevalakesideloungerssummer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2017

We stayed for one night in a two-room family suite which was decorated to within an inch of its life. While the rooms are small and not air-conditioned, that's not the point.
I've not seen more pillows on a bed, knick-knacks on a shelf, towels on a rack, or flowers in vases anywhere else! The hotel is wonderfully eccentric, with delightful sitting rooms, an amazing garden area, waterfront views and access (including two small piers), a bar(let), and a very good restaurant with two distinctly decorated seating areas. Dinner was good, with rapid service and attention. Breakfast was very generous and diverse. I would recommend this hotel to anyone with a young daughter, or failing that, with a sense of humour, a taste for excess and a desire to relax and spend time at the hotel itself. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Courtyard side has street noise which may disturb some.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2017

To celebrate my 40th birthday, I asked my husband to book a room and have a supposedly lovely dinner at Hotel Les Cygnes at Evian. From the moment we arrived at the restaurant, the owner gave us an unpleasant look as soon as he saw that we had brought our 4 year old daughter with us. We were seated at a a corner table right next to a huge heating furnace (a very dangerous spot for our daughter and very uncomfortable for us as well, who wants to sit next to a hot, big metal machine). It was possibly the worst table you could get in the whole restaurant. I politely asked my husband if he could ask them to change our table (I am not very fluent in French but my husband is). As the staff was figuring out where to move us, the owner, who was right next to the restaurant host, said in French, as if we couldn't understand, lets change the table so that "this woman stops making this ugly face" (an expression that sounds a lot more insulting in French). Obviously, my husband and I were very upset but did not say anything right away, but it was upsetting enough to ruin our evening, we couldn't believe someone would say something like that right on our faces. As the evening went on, we ordered a tasting menu paired with wine. As the waiter served our food, along with the glass of wine paired with our food, there was no explanation about the wine that was being served, zero, just thrown there at the table. We also ordered fries for our daughter as soon as we ordered, they never arrived, we had to take the fries from our plates so that she could eat something. My husband had also called in advance to have a cake or dessert to celebrate my birthday, they never brought it or even mentioned it. At the end of the evening, I went upstairs with our daughter to our room and my husband stayed and asked to speak to the manager. He was told he was not there. The next morning, as we were checking out, my husband asked again to speak to the person in charge. The owner finally came out to talk to him and my husband explained about the comment he had made in regards to me when we asked to change tables. The owner flat out denied he ever said that, as if my husband was a liar. Instead, the owner said that they had "tolerated" our daughter the entire evening, claiming she was running all over the place disturbing customers, when in reality, she only got up once to walk, accompanied by me and did not disturb anyone in the room. When my husband said to him that his comments had ruined our celebration for my 40th birthday, he literally said "I don't care," this was shocking, we were appalled. To summarize everything, we spent over 300 Euros for dinner and a room, our evening was ruined by this nasty comment, the treatment towards us and our daughter, my husband was treated as a liar, the owner said they had to put up with our daughter all evening, when she did nothing wrong, and we received zero apologies from the owner, only insults. Our advice to you, please stay away from this place as we have NEVER been treated as rudely and unprofessionally as we did in this place, it is beyond reason to support a place where you go thinking you are going to have a nice experience, especially to celebrate a 40th birthday, and you come out being treated like dirt. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Iris S
Reviewed 10 September 2017

We visited the hotel for our daughter's birthday and we were very happy with the restaurant. The hotel is located right at the border of the lake with a great view and the food is very good. I agree with some of the comments that the hotel needs some declutter, but other than that we enjoyed our dinner. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2017

...since about 15 years.

We have never stayed at the hotel, which looks absolutely charming in an old fashioned way, but have lunched at the restaurant many times. As we are usually in the mountains nearby it is nice to escape the alpine cuisine every once in a while and a day swimming in Lac Léman with lunch at Les Cygnes is a must at least once every summer.

We pick days when the weather is nice and you can sit on the large terrace, right on the edge of Lake Geneva. Do try to reserve (yes, reservations are strongly recommended!) a table closest to the lake. That said, it is very nice also further away from the water. Sitting a few tables back can even be a plus on days when the wind comes in from the lake.

We can highly recommend the menu of the day (served Mon-Fri) which this summer cost EUR 20/person. Three courses of high quality food that is nicely displayed and very reasonably priced given what you get.

Several staff have waited tables here many years and one feels well looked after in a friendly and efficient way.

Management has changed a few times since we started coming here but the wonderful feeling at Les Cygnes has remained constant.

We have also lunched inside the large dining room which is also quite enjoyable, in a classic way, but we usually save these occasions for seasons other than summer.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Quirky hotel full of ornaments and nic naks! Small car park across the (quiet) road then over to the hotel. Really swift and painless check-in and then into a really nice, well equipped room albeit very small. The room was full of ornaments etc and must take weeks to dust it all!

We ate in the on site restaurant alongside the lake and found the meal, welcome and service to be of a really high standard. Drinks afterwards were plentiful, the staff were clearly at the end of their shift but stayed on to serve us.

Breakfast the following day was wonderful with everything from French pastries to crepes to cooked meats all on a buffet, help yourself system with no shortages of foods. The breakfast room is full, literally, of period ornaments which made us feel as if we were eating in the set of the Antiques Roadshow!

Easy checkout, o complaints all good, sincere thanks to all.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends