Chalet Bonjour Canadienne
  • Pool
Hotel Altitude(Val d'Isere)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Hotel la Savoyarde(Val d'Isere)
  • Restaurant
Hotel la Galise(Val d'Isere)
  • Breakfast included
Les 5 Freres(Val d'Isere)
  • Restaurant
Hotel le Kern(Val d'Isere)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewshot tub on the balconyawesome weekcarrying skisfantastic hostswould definitely stay here againminute walkperfect locationcentre of towngreat holidayval d'isereemilyyukonbrunswickolympiqueamenitiescheflounge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

This is an email sent to the son of the owner. Up today there is no response .It was so disappointing i will not recommended this place at all.we felt we booked into classy packages but we got given cheap products and asked if we can have the staff can eat with us .This had put a pressure on us ..when we arrived we felt we had to accepted the staff. This is not our responsibilities but the compagny.
Yes they were helpfull with no diary request but at the price we paid it is normal.
It is not because people say nothing this means they are happy.
Embarrassing for the owner s son being less caring than the girl Jess who was more understanding but has no power.
I got only a rubbish email after I called from the accomodation from Alistair passing on the problem to someone else worse ignored my email below.
Dear Alistair

I would just like to point out, first and foremost........

Good  Customer service is a very important aspect of any successful business.

Your ATTITUDE  and  your tone is not only dismissive but somewhat condescending because passing in the problem to somebody else who  have never  meet or spoke  to before  does not suit me .  I will remind you, we have paid above average for accomodation and food of which has been very good with a few exceptions!!!! That said , you have not addressed all of the issues raised and i feel you need to be aware , attention should be given to all feedback .... good and bad so that is how you set your standard and aim to improve.

Please see below:

1-Wines: there are many good wines available on the market for reasonable price and what we have been served is not what we consider palatable.

2 Food: being served low and cheap  quality food  from cheap quality supermarket eg:  such as yogurt, juice, and trying  to feed us frozen fish .

Surely, options can be given considering the budget for a chalet such as this?

3- It would seem that the chalet has been like " Piccadilly Circus" with many personnel coming through without permission/introduction or explanation? One in particular was in the lobby.... for why ? Nobody knows but left when one of our guests arrived downstair

Some of these requesting coffee or the resort  manager arriving early morning before breakfast  asking and answering her own questions ..no personal  skills at all?

So meeting someone how will  not solve the issues for us.

Just really  disappointing as this has been handled after having spoke to you first time when i was inquiry  initially about booking. It is not the standard we were excepting.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Alistair M, Owner at Chalet Bonjour Canadienne, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Lynda,

I remain disappointed that your holiday did not reach the standards you expected. On the whole, as you can see from other reviews, the feedback that we receive on both our choice of house wines and our menu is very positive. I do accept however that wine is a very personal choice and that this may not have been an option you would normally choose.

Your review however is significantly unbalanced and does not reflect the positive comments you mention in a previous email where you complement the accommodation and apart from one or two issues that the quality of food was very good.

Your comments regarding our approach to customer service are also inaccurate and in my opinion do not reflect the actions that we took following your call to us on the Thursday evening. You first contacted us on the Thursday evening, speaking to my colleague Jess, to raise a number of issues that had frustrated you during the week. As is our normal approach we took this call very seriously and Jess contacted me straight away. We then took immediate action to address the issue of staff continually entering the chalet.

I also felt it was important that you had the opportunity to speak with a senior member of our resort staff to discuss the other issues that you raised and see if there was an opportunity to resolve them. As I am based in the UK I arranged for our General Manager (who is also a shareholder of the Company) to meet with you on Friday at a time agreed by you after 5pm. Unfortunately you were not available therefore I emailed you and left a message with the chalet manager to extend the offer for our General Manager to come back at any point during the rest of your stay. You did not take us up on this offer.

I have reviewed my email communication with you and believe it to be an honest update of the situation, a clear apology for the disruption caused and a proposal to resolve the issues.

We do take customer issues very seriously and we believe a face-to-face discussion with a senior member of staff gives us the best opportunity to understand the issue and make a commitment to resolve it where we can.

I am sorry that your holiday was disappointing but I firmly believe that we made every effort to contact you and try to resolve your issues during your stay.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

we had an amazing week in val d'isere in the chalet canadienne in the yukon apartment,this is a 3 bed chalet with a hot tub on the balcony of the lounge and room 3 the whole apartment block is just over a year old, i've been comimg to val since 2001 on various budgets, but this is without a doubt the best value chalet ive been in, you can spend more money if you want but there is no need when you get such a great place to stay for the week.
nothing was too much trouble for izzy and lauren,i couldn't fault their hospitality, the food was great, highlight being the full roast dinner on sunday,we never went hungry,the cake were great at tea time
all in all they were great hosts
we'll definitely be back

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Alistair M, Manager at Chalet Bonjour Canadienne, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this great feedback! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the Bonjour Yukon team looked after you. I will definitely be passing this onto them, as I'm sure they will be very pleased. We hope we can welcome you back in the future. All the best, from the Ski Bonjour team!

Reviewed 21 February 2018

So the whole of this building is Residence La Canadienne (which was completely refurbished in the last few years), Ski Bonjour has a couple of different chalet apartments within the building, and we stayed in Bonjour-Ontario.

Just a really cosy, modern, well-designed chalet apartment with all the amenities you would expect from the recent refurb - boot heaters, ski lockers, wifi, tvs, flame pit fireplace, hot tub, massive sofas, usb plugs, situated about 200m walk from the main gare routiere and the centre of town. It's probably a 10/15 minute walk to the base of Olympique but you can get the bus from 150 m up the road. It's exactly as per the photos and the website description.

More importantly, we were extremely lucky to have fantastic chalet hosts - Em, Tara and Izzy - who were just a pleasure to be around. Always smiling and helpful, pushing out fantastic food morning and evening, always ready with a recommendation or a story. They were super accommodating to our sometimes erratic schedules and nothing was too much trouble. I've no doubt they would be equally great with a group of students or families with kids. They made the chalet feel like home for a week! You can stay in any nice chalet but we really felt we hit the jackpot with the hosts.

Thanks Ski Bonjour for an awesome week!

Room Tip: Upstairs room has a bath (see website for apartment layouts)
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Alistair M, Manager at Chalet Bonjour Canadienne, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Hi Ben,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this great feedback. It's hugely appreciated and I will pass this onto the girls as I'm sure they will be delighted. We aim to provide a high quality of service and catering across all our chalets. We hope we can welcome you back in the future. From the Ski Bonjour Team.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

We stayed in Chalet Columbia in the Canadienne building, which accommodated 6. This is an excellent chalet. The main living area is well proportioned for a group ski trip. Food was lovely as were the staff preparing and serving it. The Hot Tub rules are a little militant, you can only use it after breakfast and before dinner (so approx 9am - 7pm) this is due to local regulations I believe regarding noise.
The location of the chalet is pretty good. However, it is a decent walk (15mins) carrying skis to the Olympique lift area. There is a yellow bus about a 5min walk away that is worth getting.
I would definitely go with Ski Bonjour again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this great feedback! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the Bonjour Columbia team looked after you. We hope we can welcome you back in the future. All the best, from the Ski Bonjour team!

Reviewed 10 February 2018

From the manager of the whole operation being extremely helpful and understanding with my last minute booking to the chef and the chalet host being most charming and warming the team is great.

Facilities are lovely, including a hot tub and comfortable furnishings.

Overall great stay - thank you Ski Bonjour!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Alistair M, Owner at Chalet Bonjour Canadienne, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Hi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us some feedback, it's hugely appreciated. We do hope we can welcome you bak in the future. From the Ski Bonjour Team.