US$74
  • Room Service
US$62
US$58
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$78/night.

Free cancellation until 05/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$79
US$71
  • Spa
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$80/night.

US$230
US$157
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$182/night.

US$94
US$91
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

Hotel Rio(Karlsruhe)
Hotel Hasen(Karlsruhe)
US$95
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsseparate entrancefourth flooroffice blocktea coffeekarlstorbusinessescentre
Reviewed 17 December 2017

Confusing entry with door to reception, separate to hotel doors. Hotels has two names and two sets of reviews. In an office block with hotel on first and fourth floor?? Not really sure. Parking in basement. Indifferent staff with no real hospitality. Rooms ok, we were given an upgrade?? despite booking room at the back then asking for change because we had one the main road. Both rooms were identical so no upgrade just smoke and mirrors. Room ok, shower looks great but a bit cramped overall. Also very hot.
Breakfast was average. Bad layout of room meant pushing between tables.
Cant blame hotel but not in a great area of the town. Coming out of the doors to the main street, homeless type people outside, begging etc. wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2017

As with other reviews, the hotel is also called the Hotel am Karlstor so this review is on here under that name as well.

Having read the reviews before I stayed, I was a bit concerned that I wouldn't like the hotel but it was really good for the price (I booked in advance and it cost around 60 euros a night including free breakfast). I had a room on the 1st floor and although it overlooked the street, it was quiet at night with only the trams/traffic noise during the day - I did have the windows closed due to the time of year.

The room had 2 single beds pushed together as a double, with a comfy chair, desk & chair, ample wardrobe space, kettle & tea/coffee making facilities. The bathroom had a shower and throughout the room was very clean.

Breakfast was on the 4th floor and had a wide selection - hams, cheeses, breads, cereals (including fruits & nuts), lactose/gluten free options, tea/coffee, juices, plus scrambled/fried eggs, sausages, and pork meatballs, salad items, fruit salad, yogurt, and fresh fruit.

For me, what made this hotel was the location - it's right next to Karlstor tram stop so it's easy to get a tram to the railway station, and to other places. One stop from Karlstor is Europaplatz where the main shopping street is. A day ticket can be bought from the platform opposite (cash/credit cards) for 6.30 Euros or there are single tickets available. The main shopping street is also only about 5-10 minutes walk. There is a supermarket (open to 9pm each day but closed Sundays) just along the street.

The only reason why I can't give this hotel full marks is that the reception is closed between 12am and 6am. To access the hotel rooms you go through a door just along from reception but use a plastic card (same one you use for your hotel room). As I was at an event and arriving back to my room after 12am, if the card didn't work I would not be able to access my room until 6am.

Although the receptionist (all of whom I found to be friendly and helpful) said that they hadn't had problems in the past, they did allow me to have a spare card in case (as I was travelling alone). My first card did actually stop working during the day so had to get it reset. So this is the only reason why I can't give the hotel full marks in that there is no one around during the early hours - this obviously won't be a problem if you do not intend to stay out late. Perhaps the hotel could consider having a night porter available in case there are problems with accessing the hotel/room during the night.

Room Tip: In the summer, paying for a quieter room may be better if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We had a junior suite there but I didn't like it very much. Carpets are stinky. We couldn't open our window without breathing cigarettes smoke. Pillows were horrible. Great bathroom though! Breakfast was ok. Good coffee. I can't recommend this place.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Edgar P
Reviewed 5 May 2017

We have written this hotel via our booking.com reservation 5 times in the past 4 weeks to get an answer about our booking and can't get anyone to write us back. They don't seem too concerned about their customers or the feedback either.

Room Tip: Don't Bother!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
5  Thank DaveNatale
Reviewed 22 March 2017

Budget clinched and for one night only, I decided to go for a walking distance mid-range hotel.
Well, yes, safe and clean, but dull and even irritating to some extent.
Location couldnt be more central than this. ... means also traffic noise from motor cars and the tram.
Hotel garage parking. You got to back your vehicle in too small designed ramps at a steep angle.
Carry on to check in... in a smoke stenching cigar lounge... not good for me at least.
Find the nearest "re-entry" into the hotel itself then.
Elevators shoulderwide, barely. And where do I go with luggage?
Good point: Budget and breakfast.... if you find the breakfast room...

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business