“The loveliest Restaurant in Garmsich”

Husar Inh. Fam. Merget Husar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2017

We were at the Husar last Saturday, a warm evening in May. We sat outside, which was lovely, but the interior is even more special. The service was polite and friendly. I had the beef filet which was almost perfect, perhaps slightly overdone, but really delicious and served with a perfect cognac sauce, dauphinoise potatoes and salad. I added a nice Chianti, served in an incredibly large wine glass, so fun. The wine list, by the bottle, was limited, but still a nice selection of open wines. Highly recommend this charming restaurant. The prices are higher than other local places, but the offerings are not the usual, and quite special. The interior is so lovely, it would be a joy to sit inside in cooler weather.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Have been here to celebrate the wedding anniversary with my wife. The ambiance is definitely appropriate for such a romantic event. The reception was also very friendly like the service throughout the evening, even though a bit slow when it comes to serving he food.
Another positive is the wine list which covers all the important wine regions and most of the best winemakers in Germany with interesting additions from Austria, Italy and France at ok prices.
Now to the food, the Baerlauch both in soup and risotto was considered a bit too salty by my wife and the asparagus a bit over cooked, however the ingredients were excellent and generally the food was above average even though quite pricey for Garmisch standards. All in all I would happily come back not alone to try more wine from the wine list.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

I ate at many nice restaurants while in Garmisch and Oberammergau, but this was the nicest. I can't say whether or not Husar has ever had a Michelin star, but it must be right on the edge now. The house itself is very beautiful. Inside, it is immaculately decorated, and all of the tables perfectly set with crisp white linens.

The service is perfect: The wait staff show up just as you are thinking about thinking about something! Water and wine poured just before you notice you need some more. The food is stellar. I had a filet of John Dory which was a special that day. As I've previously mentioned in other reviews, I eat this type of dish a lot. This one was made to perfection. Be prepared to spend quite a bit of money in exchange for the excellent food and service.

I would say that this is not the right place for small children. We often bring our 4-yr-old to pretty nice dinner locations with us, but I don't think he would have fit in here at all. On this note, I don't think that the restaurant recommends a dress code, but if you show up in jeans and tennis shoes, you will feel quite underdressed. I wore nice trousers and a button-down shirt, and it was on the low-end of what other diners were wearing.

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed a lovely evening with excellent food and good accompanying wine choices in a beautiful location. If you're in the area looking for something regional and really special, then look no further. Attentive and welcoming staff, quality ingredients, excellent and exciting wines. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Family running Restaurant. Many choice in the Menu. English Menu are also available The taste of the Food were excellent.