“Anniversary Weekend”

Das Graseck - my mountain hideaway
Reviewed 31 July 2017

My husband and I were recently at Das Graseck in mid-July for our anniversary weekend. The hotel and staff are all absolutely wonderful. We live in Munich and the property was an hour away from home and easy to get to. Parking was right by the cable car entrance and the cable car to come up was charming and had great views on the 3 minute ride up. We stayed for 3 nights in total and felt recharged, as if we had been away for a whole week! The scenery around the property was absolutely stunning, right in the mountains with lots of activities to do around!

The rooms were modern, beautifully furnished, spacious, and had an amazing view of the mountains. The bed was so incredibly comfortable and we slept so soundly (which is amazing since I'm currently 8 months pregnant!) There were refreshments in the mini fridge that were included which was a very nice touch.

The spa was also very modern and had plenty of areas to relax. My husband enjoyed the sauna facilities as there were a variety of sauna rooms to choose from. I enjoyed the relax pools and chairs. I also had a massage which was wonderful.

The service in the dining room was superb. Dinner every evening was such a pleasure, always delicious! Our server, Edin was always extremely pleasant and made sure that there were always substitutions for me (a delicious salad instead of tartar). He even served me a wonderful alcohol free glass of prosecco!

This was a wonderful way to spend our wedding anniversary before our new baby comes! We will definitely come back here!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pamela K
Graseck_hideaway, Inhaber at Das Graseck - my mountain hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Dear Pamela,
thank you for your detailed Review. We are very happy to read your Feedback and will send it to all the staff. We wish you and your husband all the best for birth and perfect health for the baby. May we welcome the fresh family in a couple of month again, it would be a pleasure for us.
Best regards, we wish good luck,
Drs. Weingart, M.Nowak and the Graseck Team

There are newer reviews for Das Graseck - my mountain hideaway

Reviewed 27 July 2017

If you by any chance are in the vicinity of this area or even in Munich, I'd strongly encourage you to take a quick trip down to Garmisch Partenkirchen and stay for at least a night in Das Graseck. I spent a month touring Netherlands, Germany, Slovakia, Czech Republic & Hungary and the best 2 days I spent on my trip was in this very place.

The service at the hotel was impeccable and the staff were really friendly! The food was so good too and the wine was enjoyable. Nothing beats sitting at the balcony with a glass of wine and just enjoying the magical view of the mountains. Honestly couldn't tear my eyes of it.

Near the hotel is the Zugspitze which again has amazing views and it's pretty easy to get to. DB provides a ticket that gets you from Munich to Zugspitze real easily (Garmischer Sommer-Ticket: only for summer). Oh and get the hotel pass to the nearby Gorge which is also very beautiful! And head over to the Sommerrodelbahn am Skistadion Garmisch-Partenkirchen near the Olympic Stadium. It's a 850m long toboggan and only cost Eur2.50 per ride!

To get to the hotel, take a train to garmisch partenkirchen station and take a cab (Eur10) to the hotel cable car station which brings you up to the hotel.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for the rooms with a balcony and a mountain-view
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Annabella O
Graseck_hideaway, Inhaber at Das Graseck - my mountain hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear Anabella,
thank you for your review. It is an honor for us, that you choose us for the best place during your Europa visit in different countries. We a very proud about that Award.
Hope to see you soon, please don't hesitate and contact us directly when you visit Bavarian mountains next time.
All the best for you,
Drs. Weingart, M. Nowak (Director) and the Graseck team

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Every guest touch point (Reception, Restaurant, Spa, Housekeeping) at the Graseck hotel is thought through and optimized for a perfect experience!! Before our wedding we celebrated my fiancé's birthday at Graseck! The experience begins with a ride with the hotel lift up the mountains and a warm welcome by the highly trained staff. The rooms are spacious and modern without being cold and overstyled. The bed in our Junior Suite was great with a panorama view across the mountains. Throughout the entire stay the staff was helpful and welcoming and EVERY request is handled quickly and professionally. The hotel is run by doctors so everything is about holistic health and prevention, starting from the food and the treatments in the beautiful Spa
with a very experienced therapist, Gabriella, who creates customized treatments for every guest, so I left relaxed, energized and ready for our wedding! We live in Munich, so I will return just for this treatment, a mix of akkupressur, hot stone, lymphic drainage and bioenergetic massage.The restaurant crew and kitchen are amazing, healthy, regional and fresh menues are served and every night at the four course dinner. The breakfast is exceptional with great cheeses, meats, fish, and fruit. We left refreshed and ready for the craziness of the wedding! Thank you, Graseck! We will be back!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lizzey1984
Graseck_hideaway, Inhaber at Das Graseck - my mountain hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Dear Lizzey,
thank you so much for your review. It was a pleasure for us helping you with refreshing. We will send your Feedback right to Gabriela. We are very happy with her.
We hope to see you soon, best regards and all the best for you,
Drs. Weingart, M.Nowak and the Graseck Team

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Das Graseck with my husband and 18-year old daughter. We had a suite, with my daughter sleeping on the (very comfortable) pull out couch, and our bedroom separated by pull-out doors. The views were incredible! We enjoyed sitting on the balcony. The food was terrific, expertly served by our wonderful Croatian waiter, Edie. You feel like you're truly in the lap of luxury at Das Graseck. The spa was great - everything is geared toward making sure you're relaxed. Martin, the GM, spoke to us at dinner to confirm we were enjoying ourselves. We did some fabulous hiking during our stay as well. My only suggestion to improve the environment at Das Graseck is to make the entire complex non-smoking. Otherwise, would highly recommend a stay at Das Graseck!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Graseck_hideaway, Manager at Das Graseck - my mountain hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear Graseck-guest,
thank you for your wonderful review! It is good to hear, that kitchen and service did such a great job. We will send your feedback directly to them. As we are a place for health, smoking is not allowed in the Hotel. Outside, there are some spaces, people can smoke. We will check this situation once more. Thank you for this suggestion.
All the best for you,
M. Nowak and the Graseck Team.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Fabulous setting , made all the more exciting by the short cable car ride to reach it. But there's more to it than the incredible views.. the hotel is high quality ... really is well worth a visit if you love the mountains,the tranquility and maybe a bit of walking alongside the good food and wine !

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Graseck_hideaway, Inhaber at Das Graseck - my mountain hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear Kevin,
thank you for this feedback! The short cable care ride (4min) is very special to get to a hotel, but the tranquility an panoramic view out of the hotel, as you mentioned is worth it.
We hope to see you soon, kind regards an all the best for you,
Drs. Weingart, Mnowak and the Graseck Team