“Fantastic Neighborhood Biergarten ”
Review of Taxisgarten

Taxisgarten
Ranked #833 of 4,027 Restaurants in Munich
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Taxisgarten is a classic Bavarian Biergarten with towering chestnut trees, self-service tables, and relaxing vibes. As it's located in Neuhausen-Nymphenburg, it's a bit further away from where most tourists venture, but it is still very easy to access via the U-Bahn stop Gern. The spare ribs are pretty good but a bit expensive. The beer is also slightly more expensive than many other Biergartens but still reasonable. It's nice bringing your own food and just purchasing the beer. I would definitely recommend this spot. It's one of my favorites as it's generally less stressful thang going to one of the more popular places packed with tourists.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

I loved this place when I was younger. Then in between it let its side down, but now has picked up again on quality and atmosphere.

Met a colleague of mine while visiting in-laws and it we had a jolly good time. The food was excellent and the beer......well, faultless.

I felt secure even late into the night. So many people and the drinks are flowing, but no kick off's etc. Something the UK could learn of to be honest.

There is a lovely play area for children, so the whole family is entertained.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

This remains one of my favourites in Munich - food is very well prepared and the beers are nice and cold, and reasonably priced.

Extra special is the atmosphere, and it is fantastic under the huge trees.

And every time I take a new person there, it also become their favourite beer garden.

Reviewed 4 September 2016

Went to Taxisgarten several times while in Munich. The Ribs and Chicken are very good. There is plenty of seating and many local families show up regularly. I would call this a hidden gem biergarten.
Obviously, biergartens work better when you go with a group of friends or family. When I was with my friends, I was told that there is a law that says you can bring whatever food you want to the biergarten. Though I think the expectation is that you would at least buy beverages there.
This seems to work out pretty well as there is a good mix of people bringing their own food and buying food and drink.
Definitely one of my favorite biergartens.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

I enjoyed sitting out in the evening while having a lovely, cold lager shandy. However, the spareribs were awful.