“One of the best hotels I have ever stayed at”

Ranked #5 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The two best previous were the MO in Hong Kong and Villa d'este Lake Como. Now I have 3 top hotels.
Check in. I had a rental that needed to be returned. Asked the valet to leave it out while I checked in and he told me "no, they would return it"
Front desk: Friendliest , nicest crew ever!
They must have pictures (or else it was my King Charles companion) but every where I went in the hotel I was greeted by name.
The sauna work-out area is great.
The bar is great.
The other guests were great. Not snobby, etc

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
MOMUCMunich, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Munich, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear john h,

It was a pleasure reading your marvelous comments on the occasion of your recent stay at our hotel and I am delighted to learn that we have met your expectations.

With much pleasure I shared your excellent evaluation with my colleagues who were thrilled to learn that their service from the heart was positively received by you.

We are very proud that you are rating Mandarin Oriental, Munich among the 3 top hotels. This is the best award for us and does most certainly flatter us.

We are looking forward to your return visit to Mandarin Oriental, Munich in the near future and thank you for being such a wonderful ‘FAN’ of Mandarin Oriental.

There are newer reviews for Mandarin Oriental, Munich

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I keep telling everybody that this Hotel has to have the best service I have ever received. Julio at the bar also remembered me from my last visit and the rooftop restaurant in Summer is just incredible.

Stayed: December 2016

Dear Constanzo1968,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your lovely comment.
We at Mandarin Oriental, Munich are happy that you enjoyed your stay including our beautiful roof terrace.
We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to Mandarin Oriental, Munich.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We love to travel and spare not expense but this hotel goes above and beyond anything we've experienced. If it is in your budget, stay here, you won't regret it

Special thank you to Anne at the front desk and to Hannes in the Lobby Lounge for making our stay so wonderful

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear alison8521,

It was a pleasure reading your marvelous comment on the occasion of your recent visit.
We are thrilled to learn that you had a pleasant stay at Mandarin Oriental, Munich.
Your praise is well received by my colleagues, especially by Anne and Hannes. Thank you.
We are awaiting your return visit to Mandarin Oriental, Munich in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

It was not my first time here. That being said it was much more disapointing than the other one.The breakfast wich was a highlite now it is only ok.People are very friendly.Indeed they are,but the quality not the same.The Matsushita Restaurant,well,I would never go back.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MOMUCMunich, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Munich, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Emilio01,

Thank you for visiting Mandarin Oriental, Munich again and for sharing your comments on your recent stay.
I very much regret that you were not happy with our standards at breakfast and Matsuhisa, Munich. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused to you.
Nevertheless, we would be pleased to welcoming you again to Mandarin Oriental, Munich.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Munich is a charming city and the location of the Mandarin Oriental is perfect for walking, running, high end shopping, restaurants, the famous Marienplatz square which hosts many shopping options, bars and restaurants. There is always locals playing musical instruments so take a leisurely stroll. The hotel has superb service door to door. Our room was very nice, the bathroom has tub and shower and the only negative is one sink with minimal counter space. When traveling for business you are fine, if your a a couple staying many days you should upgrade to a suite we should have. We paid E780 per night for our room. Breakfast buffet is excellent you order your hot items from a menu. I would like to say finally, lighting in the rooms and restaurant was minimal hopefully hotels will begin brightening these areas across the world.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
MOMUCMunich, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Munich, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Sharoninpositano,

Thank you for staying at Mandarin Oriental, Munich and for posting your comments on TripAdvisor on the occasion of your visit to Munich. I am thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and in our beautiful city.

We are looking forward to your return visit to Mandarin Oriental, Munich and have noted your preference for a bathroom with two sinks for your next room reservation.