Acanthushotel
US$124
US$107
  • Pool
Novotel Munchen Messe(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$69
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$86/night.

US$161
US$134
Pullman
  • Room Service
US$112
US$82
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

Marc Munchen(Munich)
US$195
US$118
Mercure
  • Restaurant
Vi Vadi Hotel(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$1,031
US$863
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgreat locationbreakfast buffetno air conditioningbathroom doorby footshort walknon smokingdecent sizecold meatsfirst floormini baryogurttorgermanchristmascitydesk
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were cute and clean and the service was very kind and helpful. This was a great location, about 10 minute walk to the square. We purchased the breakfast buffet which had lots of different options: bread cheese cereal eggs meats yoghurt and more. Delicious! Only complaint would be that the wifi is very spotty and works about 40% of the time. Overall hotel is lovely and I would recommend.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

I booked here for June with the book now, pay later option through hotels.com. I used a debit card that I only use for traveling (i.e. I don't keep funds in it). Hotels sent by me a confirmation, however the hotel sent me a note that they were not able to authorize (charge) my account for 95 euros and I should provide them with another card outside of hotels.com. Here is the deal, I travel a lot. I normally try to book direct with a hotel, but I don't speak German- so hotels.com it is. I have used the book now pay later option with this same debit card for dozens of bookings with no problem. I do understand the policy of a preauthorization-but that should be disclosed upfront so I could either transfer the funds or book elsewhere. Nowhere in any of hotels.com booking site or confirmation did I see a disclaimer that funds would be authorized immediately - in fact it says "you will pay nothing now, but will pay 285 euros directly to the property upon arrival or checkout" Nothing now should actually mean nothing now... not, we will actually run your card for an undisclosed amount which will place a hold on your funds or will be declined if you don't have the funds avail right now. True it is a soft hold and once the hold is placed, it drops after a few days... but if you use a debit card, the bank treats a hold as an actual transaction and in my case since the account is only used for travel and my trip is 6 months away.... funds are not in that account. Bottom line, if you are going to preauth... just disclose that upfront AND never ask for a card to be provided outside of the booking platform... i.e. Don't ask for a credit card via email or phone... it is shady.

Stayed: January 2017
4  Thank CourtneyKS
Reviewed 15 November 2016

Stayed at hotel on business. Location is good, but if your a light sleeper like myself you will find it noisy with the traffic outside and at times other guests slamming their doors. WiFi not working very well for me and others. We have used before and was ok. Sadly this time person on charge at reception was very rude and left me very frustrated one evening before bed. Sadly not very professional. Because of this we will not be returning next time.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank craigspencer1980
Reviewed 29 September 2016

We stayed here for 2 nights while Oktoberfest was taking place. Therefore we paid much more than you can expect to if you stay during another time, as was to be expected. The price offered today on TA seems like a very good value to us. ($100 US)

Our room was clean as well as spacious. The beds were quite comfy and our room, located towards the back (Room 105) was very quiet, and we enjoyed 2 very restful nights here.

The location is hard to beat. It's located a short walk from the metro. Exiting the metro just walk down the main pedestrian drag through the old brick gate, and look to the right. Take the first street on the right and while you are waiting to cross the intersection, you'll see the hotel a short block away on the right. Easy to reach with luggage. And from here, you can take that pedestrian walk for about 7 minutes (a nice walk) to the center of the old town. The bakery on the corner that adjoins that pedestrian walk is one of the best, btw.

The linens and towels were of good quality. The king sized bed was two twins stuck together, as was typical of the area. The bathroom was modern and nice, but no soaps whatsoever were included, so bring your own soap and shampoo.

Breakfast looked the best here of all the places we stayed on this trip, but we declined the 9E pp charge, and enjoyed the bakery mentioned above instead.

The room has no safe in it, and you may have to leave your bags at the front desk when you arrive if you get here prior to 1pm, as we did....so plan/pack accordingly prior to arrival to make this less inconvenient. There is a cute little elevator, but since we only had to walk a single flight of stairs, we didn't use it at all until we checked out with our bags at the end of our trip. After our recent Holland trip, we don't take elevators for granted when we travel : ) Also, the wifi worked well.

If we ever return to Munich, staying here is a no brainer. We'd highly recommend it to all of our friends.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for one of the more quieter rooms, as this hotel faces a street with car traffic.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kindredspirits
Reviewed 29 September 2016

We have stayed at the Acanthus Hotel several times and have never been disappointed. The staff is friendly and professional, the rooms are extremely clean and comfortable, and the breakfast is wonderful.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple