“went for Octoberfest 2011”
Review of Feringapark Hotel

Feringapark Hotel
Ranked #331 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Farnham, United Kingdom
“went for Octoberfest 2011”
Reviewed 1 October 2011

We went to the fest in Munich with a group of friends. This Hotel was booked for us by the group leader for bed and breakfast, and I can say it was a very good Hotel. Clean, nicely decorated and the bedroom was an adequate in size and water hot for showers, towels + linen changed every day. Hotel Reception was very helpful and informative.
The bar manager was friendly, efficient, the waitress could have been a bit more friendly, but at times was very busy. We had wonderful breakfasts hot and cold buffet and a very good choice of teas, not just liptons or liptons or herbal. We ate in the bar and had bar meal menu, price average, the restuarant menu was more extensive I understand. Unfortunately the weather was atrocious, rain, thunder and more rain, but like true brits, we stood and watched the wonderful parade on sunday 18th September, and then went on to a beer house which had a wonderful atmosphere and very friendly.Music and lots of joviality, all in all despite the weather we had a lovely 3 days in Munich.The location of the hotel meant that we had to get bus and train or taxi to the parade and beer festival, but fares of either were reasonable. I must hand it out to Easy Jet and Gatwick Airport, as we were travelling with my brother, who recently has mobility problems, I rang easy jet for advice on assistance for my brother and although I should have given 48 hours notice, the customer care lady got it going for us and at Gatwick they were wonderful, not so smooth coming home from Munich, but all in all he was taken care of very well.
Yes I would recommend this hotel and the festival if you are able bodied and can withstand any weather and crowds.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank willy099

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I'm a tour leader travel with 22 guests. Check into the hotel with a low expectation after read a lot review from trip advisor. Check in process great but deposit E 50.00 asked by the front office for key fees in case key broken or loss quite surprised me. Room in general fine but another surprised its about no air condition available in the room. They said we need to pay extra of 15 or 20 euro to get the room with air condition. Lucky we had a big heavy rain so everybody try to enjoy room with natural air and we amazed with this experience. My suggestion put a larger sign on the check in counter so if anyone can't stay away from aircondition can directly upgrade their room.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2010

Stayed one night here. Put up in a small room with the shower room at the end of the hall. Bed wasn't a full double despite the room being booked for 2 people. Floor space was very limited and it was necessary for one person to sit on the bed to let the other pass by on the way to exiting the room.
The welcome was not what I would have wanted. Not even a smile, and the first interchange was a list of rules rather than even polite conversation. We did arrive late, but were made to feel like we were imposing.
On the plus side however is that toiletries like cotton wool pads and shampoo were provided and the breakfast was of a reasonable standard. A complimentary dram of single malt was also a nice touch. The price was on the high side which puts the complimentary aspect in perspective.
Overall though I wouldn't recommend this guest house. Despite the nice touches, we were made to feel more like an imposition than guests.

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank colmunn
thadao
Reviewed 18 December 2009

If you want to make a fool of yourself, take this hotel! Your customers will laugh at you.
The rooms were not cleaned up: hairs in the bathtube, two bugs in the bed and no toilet paper. I had to wait for 40 minutes. And no excuse.
There was a smell of cigarettes in the rooms and in the breafast room.
There were not enough bread rolls at 8:30 h! We were the only guest in the restaurant. Now I know why: the meal was very bad and extremlex expensive.
The employees couldn't talk englisch.
The internet is extremly expensive. Be careful.
I was happy to leave this "hotel".
Never again!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank thadao
North Richland Hills, Texas
Reviewed 4 October 2008

I wrote about this hotel last year and thought I would write an update on my stay this year. Again, this year, I got a "redcorated" room, and it was nice. Be sure to request one of the newly redocated rooms when you book. I did want to use a fitness center this time, but the hotel does not have one. They told me that they could give me a card to use for a discount at a fitness center within walking distance, however, when I requested it, they told me that they only had one card, and they couldn't find. it. Hmm...
The restaurant service was extremely slow at this hotel, and the food average. Since I stayed longer this stay, I found that I wished there were some restaurants within walking distance. There wasn't. You will have to take a Taxi. Because of the wonderful room and friendly staff, I will stay here again.

Stayed September 2008
1 Thank stevewilhite
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munich
0.3 km away
1.8 km away
Hotel Lechnerhof
Hotel Lechnerhof
#4 of 6 in Unterfohring

Been to Feringapark Hotel? Share your experiences!