1,425 results
All reviewssex shopstrain stationtypical courtyardminute walknever felt unsafemunich city centerfront desk staffseedy areaconvenient locationwalking distancehotel is locatedtwo blocksbreakfast includedstreet noisechristmas marketclean hotelvisiting munich
Reviewed 30 March 2018

This is a Courtyard, so you know what to expect. The neighborhood felt a little marginal, although not dangerous, as some people mentioned. It's a large city, so you have to expect it's not all lovely and serene. We were within walking distance of things, but the weather was horrible, so we didn't do much walking. The staff was really nice. The room was average. The restaurant was decent. Breakfast was great.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 days. Prior to arriving I was concerned about the location as others had indicated. Is the hotel near gambling halls and exotic dance bars...yes. Did we ever feel unsafe....no. The close proximity to central station was helpful. The room was clean, and the staff was informative. The only issue was the pillows were tiny and uncomfortable, however there are worse things in life. We would stay here again, if in the area. Traveler's tip...stop in at the Lidl aka Aldi (a few doors down) for essential snacks and drinks at a reasonable rate.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Staying in this Courtyard was a very pleasant experience. Even though it's right next to the hustle and bustle of Munich just outside, the stay here is quiet and comfortable.

The guest rooms are very nice. Modern furniture and decor, comfortable bed, very clean, good wifi, TV has a good selection of channels. Even though my room wasn't too far from the streetside, it was still quiet and my stay was un-disturbed.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. As a tourist, it was most helpful that everyone I spoke with spoke impeccable English. (One receptionist's English was so perfect, it even had a "west coast" tinge, I asked if she was from California!). Very nice people.

Other stuff- the hotel grounds are clean, modern, and well-kept. Price was on point for a nice hotel in the area.

Definitely the best feature is it's location. It's within walking distance to Munich's main train station and main historical strip "Marienplatz". Very convenient.

If I ever end up back in Munich, I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Jerry E
Reviewed 24 March 2018

We have stayed at many Courtyards by Marriott around the world since the development of this brand by Marriott. It targets business travelers and that is how I first became a fan of Courtyards. They are usually just a short walk or subway/train ride from the city "centers" and near to local shopping. Hence, the lower price than those properties in the city centers. Surprised to see previous reviews that say a 10-15 minute walk is "so far from the city center". Really? We are in our 60s and enjoyed the walk. The room was spacious, clean and quiet. Breakfast was included and it was quite nice. More choices than we could decide on. We have been Gold Elite members with Marriott and they always take very good care of us, no matter where in the world we find them. Front desk staff was very helpful at check in and check out. The added security feature of swiping the cards in the elevator worked every time without fail. We had an early morning train to Salzburg so this was a perfect arrangement for us as it was 3 minutes away. Would highly recommend if this fits your travel needs in Munich. We would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Marriott Rewards members get great service and room choices
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Stayed here two nights because of location, Lynn and I were afraid to walk near this hotel during the day because where it's located. To walk to train station and major shopping is a bit scary. The hotel itself is average Courtyard, the restaurant is above average. An Aldi and Lidl are near by.

Room Tip: high floor over looking parking garage
1  Thank dennis c
Nina S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Munich City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear dennis c,

Thank you very much for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Munich City Center and
for choosing our House during your time in Munich.

I would also like to say thank you for taking your time leaving us a review about your stay and time in our city.

Now I want to take the Opportunity to respond to some or your comments.

Regarding the neighborhood that is surrounding us and the location we are placed at, I do understand that for some guests,
it appears as a not very welcoming atmosphere but since we have opened in 2006 no crime or any other dangerous incident
had been reported which was related to our location.
Munich is very safe at any time of the day and our guests do not need to worry about anything while walking down
to our beautiful old town.

In your review you are also mentioning that you liked our restaurant a lot, I am happy that we were able to
meet your expectations there. I have forwarded that comment to our F&B Department .

Dear dennis c, I hope that even if you have not felt quite safe in our neighborhood, you consider to come back to our
property whenever your travel plans will bring you back to Munich.

Best regards,