See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

I have just visited House LA, in fact I write this on the train to Munich before I go to Venice.

I visited here with my two teenage boys as we were interrailing across Europe and was yes to visit Neuschwanstein castle.

The Hostel is close to the station, we did not struggle walking there with large backpacks. The hostel is clean, inviting and the staff are super helpful.

Suzy was especially helpful - so big shout out to her. Answered loads of questions and gave us some good local recommendations.

Room's are nice - standard hostel stuff. Ours had a view of the castle and the sunrise (if you are up that early) which is amazing to watch as it comes over the mountains. There are options for rooms from apartments to single dorm beds. We had a private room.

The hostel is clean, well maintained with the option of a €3 breakfast. This is bread and conserves but we my boys were more than happy with it. There are

It's close to bus stops for castles, staff know loads about getting there etc...

Would very much recommend.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2017

I thought we would try a hostel to say we had done it while in Europe. We stayed here two nights. The place was clean and bright but extremely small for a family of four, the two bunkbeds in the double bed were side-by-side and there was hardly even enough room in this room for luggage.

The staff was friendly enough, but some mistakes were made with our reservation which was made only by email. There's limited time for check-in at 4 o'clock or after. The location was OK about a 10 minute walk from the train station and about a five minute walk from the centre of the city which has lots of shops and restaurants to visit and choose from. I felt for the price €90 that next time I visit Fussen I think I would select or try a different place to stay. For the price this room is way to small... we got much better value in other cities on our vacation.

This hotel does have a continental breakfast available for 3 Euros each but we opted out and went and had breakfast in the middle of town where there are many places to choose from. The Wi-Fi was a little spotty and the beds were terrible to sleep on, very thin mattresses.

A tip while in the city, hotels are to give you an access card that allows you to ride The transit system for free which includes out to the castles, if you don't ask for it they may not offer it. We asked for ours but reception was busy checking in another guest and said they would get it for us later then we forgot to ask for it again and had to pay an extra €16 for the bus ride to the castle. I popped in to some other Hotels right in the main centre of the city and prices were reasonable at €130 next time I'll pay the extra!

Hope this helps.

Room Tip: I would stay somewhere else in Fussen next time I go.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2017

I had a comfortable stay. It was a good location within walking distance to the shops. The room was very clean, we stayed in a new room out the back of the main apartments.
We did have a few problems with check-in due to being sent away for 2 hours until our room was ready, this was frustrating.

Room Tip: The newest room out the back was the best room.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2016

I stayed here alone in a dorm for 2 nights. There is a gorgeous view from the dorm window. I met lovely people and really enjoyed Tanyas company. The staff were friendly and I though the location was good!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 September 2016

This hostel was incredibly hard to find. I got there at about 11pm and wandered round for ages before I found it. When I did, the house was undergoing some sort of refurbishment and it took me another half hour to find the front door and another ten minutes to locate the doorbell. All this time I had to concentrate very hard on not falling into a moat-like thing the owner had presumably dug around the hostel. When I found the doorbell at last and rang it, no one answered. I had to resort to throwing pebbles at the window to see if anyone could hear me, which unfortunately they didn't. Eventually I had to call the hostel owner on my cellphone, which I was extremely unhappy about as I had to pay very expensive international rates. The owner was very gruff and didn't seem to speak much English, but someone finally opened the door and ushered me in.

Amenities were fair, with poor lighting and horrible wifi. The guy in the bunk above me was trapped in the bathroom when he tried to open the door from the inside and the door knob fell off in his hand. Someone clogged one of the toilets which resulted in a bit of a mess when I tried to go to the ladies'.

You can see the Neuschwanstein castles from the rooms however, and they sell drinks in the reception. Also the people I met here were pretty cool, so there's that.

Stayed: October 2015