“One of my favourite places to eat.......ever!”
Review of Vai mo - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Vai mo
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Description: Hello dear client, we are really sorry but the restaurant Vai mo is about to close. All the team is moving in another restaurant call Restaurant Aromi e Sapori 500m away from Vai mo We apologize for any inconvenience and we hope to see you at Aromi e Sapori restaurant. Thanks
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
“One of my favourite places to eat.......ever!”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I like to think of myself as a sophisticated gourmet who has eaten in some fabulous and famous restaurants all over the world. Moving to Berlin, some 3 months ago, was not a decision I took lightly. It is a wonderful city, but has a lot to learn re: food and restaurants. The Germans are traditonal, stuck in their ways and are suspicious of new and exciting styles of cooking. Not so in Vai Mo, one of the best restaurants in Berlin! Joe, the chef is inventive and exciting (he's worked all over the world to learn his craft and is an artist) and this shows in the way he cooks the freshest of ingredients. On arrival at the restaurant I was greeted like a long lost friend (I had been there once before!) the first time I talked to Joe i trusted him completely, so i left the entrees to him. Ten minutes later we were presented with two plates of delicious amuse bouche. Calamari, so fresh and tender was served on a bed of seaweed with vanilla!- (exquisite!), accompanied by moules and the fattest and most succelent scampi, i have ever had. We also had a plate of wonderful salamis, capers and cold veal served with a tuna mayo ( a nice twist on a traditonal Italian dish). The starters were so wonderful, that I thought that they would be a hard act to follow- no such worries. The Tuna flown in from Italy that day, was so pink and fresh it was a joy to eat! and my Steak was cooked to perfection. We finished the meal with the sweetest aplomb- a medley of tirimasui and a basilico pannacotta. Our wonderful waiter, was kind friendly and funny and really knows about wine and service. Its a small atmospheric restauarnt and is a credit to the owners and the good people that work there. My only fear is that it will become so popular that I won't be able to get a table! Wonderful!!!

• Visited February 2012
3 Thank John W

London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful in every respect!”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My friend insisted we eat at Vai Mo during a brief trip. He'd been once before after it was recommended to him by an Italian friend. From the outside, it looks nothing special, but.... once you're inside it's completely delightful. They remembered him immediately and nothing was too much trouble for us. The food is to die for! We had trout - flown in the same morning from Sicily - and sirloin steak. Both as good if not better, than I've eaten anywhere else. Everything was delicious, inventive and wonderfully presented. The interior is charming and unpretentious. We didn't hold back on cost and even with the most expensive items on the menu the total for three courses, half a bottle of expensive wine, and apperitifs, was less than $100. However, don't let this put you off, it was worth every euro and would have been a great deal more in other capital cities. They also do a set menu which is cheaper. A great evening and a memorable meal. Can't wait to go back.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank SueMeacockJ
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
“A real gem! Tiny but really good”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Almost walked past this restaurant as it is so small - like a small shop front - but it is a real find. A modern slant on Italian cuisine, with friendly, attentive (but not pushy) service. I had the fish set menu, which was delicious - four courses for €35 (I think) and there was a huge selection of wines to suit all tastes and budgets.
Only about six or seven tables, so well worth booking to avoid disappointment or a wait.

• Visited July 2011