“Good Service, Even Better Food”
Review of Gasthaus Alt Wien

Gasthaus Alt Wien
Ranked #949 of 9,564 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Description: Fred Koller, well known in Berlin for his austrian cuisine, and his partner Sibylle Hassfurther opened the restaurant ALT WIEN in September 2010. There you will find the best Wiener Schnitzel or Tafelspitz, and also a menu of austrian specialities that changes regularly. We recommend Kaiserschmarrn and a Melange after dinner!
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Great variety of traditional food at this cosy restaurant. I've seen a few critical comments about the service but I certainly didn't experience that, the waitresses were very friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

...it's one of those amazing places that take you to another city without even moving.
The schnitzels are authentic HUGE at Alt Wien and they taste just perfect with the fresh cucumber salad and potato salad on the side.
BTW this restaurant also serves the best ice cold beer in this Kiez.
The service can be a little rough around the edges, but other than that - it's very enjoyable to have dinner here.

1  Thank Zorro7770
Reviewed 10 August 2016

Came here for dinner, specifically for the schnitzel. It can get busy, so be aware of that. My husband and I each ordered the schnitzel, which seems to be the favorite item among everyone- we saw a ton of them come out the kitchen. We weren't absolutely starving, and the schnitzel is HUGE! Larger than the plate it was one. Also came with potatoes, and everything tasted great. Neither of us could finish it, which we noticed was unusual- everyone else finished theirs! Would definitely go back if given the chance.

Reviewed 9 August 2016

This is a great little gem of restaurant with delicious food. The schnitzel is so big, it doesn't fir on you plate, so bring your appetite. That is obviously what we had and it was perfectly fired golden-brown and tender. My only regret is that we weren't starving when we went. I wanted to eat more!

Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

If you want a traditional Austrian meal then i recommend this place. We had Schnitzel and they where amazing. The service was good and they also had english menus which helped.

1  Thank Paul G