New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Grand Hyatt Berlin

Grand Hyatt Berlin
Ranked #12 of 662 Hotels in Berlin
Baden Baden
“The worsest Hyatt I've ever stay in”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Actually I expected to get the same service and quality of rooms as Kempinsky and Ritz Carlton provides, because Hyatt is the same price category and listed as top 10 Berlin hotels.

I was very disappointed with service quality and damaged properties.

First of all, house keeping coming to your room without knocking and when you ask to come
later its seems the house keeping lady doesn't speak german or english, she always reply you
by Chinese (or some kind of such) language, so it was not possible to understand her at all.

During our 3-nights stay they never replaced shampoo or bath gel as well as towels, bathrobes and even bed linen! After 3rd night we call them and complain them, they finally replaced everything. Is it acceptable for 5 star hotel?? We've asked house keeping to bring us still water and
you know what - they bring us opened and not full bottle! Fantastic house keeping service!

The next thing - the shower and water tap were damaged, so it was not easy to take a bath.

Now, regarding staff - staff wasn't friendly at all (except room service - they were very quick and
friendly). Restaurant staff didn't say you "hello" when you come in, reception staff was not helpful.
After 4th night, they told us we can't stay anymore with them because they're fully booked, so when I asked them to help us with luggage and move it to another hotel (which is very close to them), they deny that.

So, overally, I can only say that room service was fine, everything else was 2 star hotel style, but
even in 2 star hotels staff more friendly. Its seems the staff is not trained or they have a management problem. With all other hyatt hotels (I'm a platinum Hyatt member) I never experienced this weird staff.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank thebanking
GHBerlin, Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Please rest assured that the entire Management Team has well noted your comments regarding the Housekeeping service, the bathroom which was not in working order and your overall satisfaction of the service quality performed by our staff.

We deeply regret that you have not enjoyed your stay with us and would be grateful to have the chance to restore your faith in Grand Hyatt Berlin soon. Therefore, I would like ask you to get in touch with me personally at your convenience.

Best regards,

Frank Heckelmann
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Winchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I stayed here for a night this week for work and thought it was excellent. The receptionist was incredibly happy and helpful, and this impression of their staff stayed throughout my stay.

The hotel room itself was also very good - the room was a standard size with a queen bed, but the bathroom was very different - large with a heated floor and a glass pane between the bath/walk-in-shower and the main basin. Very contemporary - I really like it. The room was also very quiet. I was there on the first day of the Berlin Film Festival (which I didn't realise when I booked!) but I didn't get any noise from outside, either the windows or the corridor.

I didn't try the restaurant or the room service, but the breakfast was good.

All in a all a great place to stay, and a good location for getting to the Berlin sights.

Definitely will stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank chatanm
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Super hotel. Lovely rooms and great swimming pool on top floor with panoramic views. Excellent service and food. My ONLY disappointment was having to pay for the wireless internet after the free half an hour (which is only available once every 24 hrs). In a hotel where one is paying more than £1000 for three nights (in the Grand Club), the hotel might be able to include free wireless. Sure, there is a business centre with computers one can use for free, but this is far away from the comfort of being able to connect using one's own laptop from one's room. Even the Holiday Inn Express has free wifi! Please do try to review your policy on this. It just seems terribly tacky to charge for WIFI in a hotel of this class.

Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Metcalf1
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

I checked in to this hotel after my flight back home had been cancelled and I was little apprehensive about it as I had previously been staying at the Ritz Carlton in Berlin and was toying with staying at the Ardlon; however, I was thoroughly pleased to have made the decision to stay at the Hyatt because it really is an excellent hotel. It has a relaxed, serene atmosphere and the service is personal, welcoming and they really make you feel valued (which is not a feature I can say I experienced at the Ritz or when visiting the Ardlon for drinks). The room is well equipped and comfortable; the shower is high pressured and invigorating and the spa is extremely relaxing. The club lounge is a indulgent bonus but really adds to the exclusivity of the stay. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Hyatt and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend the club rooms!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JuggapahJK
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

I have stayed at the Grand Hyatt, Berlin sixteen times. The most recent stay was December 27, 2011 to January 1, 2012. It's a great hotel. The service is fantastic and the facilities are first rate. I'm headed back again in June and I'm really looking forward to it. It's the best hotel I've ever stayed in and never disappoints me.

Room Tip: I've stayed in many rooms and they are all excellent
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo