“very nice experience!”

GreenLeadersGold level
bg
“very nice experience!”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

i stayed at this hotel during ITB fair in Berlin! The location is excellent, just 2 minutes walk from famous kudamme! my room on the 6th floor was spacious and very clean, with comfortable bed mattresses and good sound isolation!
Would definitaly come back, whether for business or leisure!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Dear Oljica,

thank you very much for the lovely feedback you have given us. I am pleased you had a nice stay with us during the ITB.
On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for your visit and hope to see you again when you are back in Berlin.

+49 30 887777-0

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Colorado
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I just spent one week at Art'otel for a business conference. Why did I choose to stay here? Close to several BVG stops, including the S and U lines. Near the very popular Kurfurstendamm area, with loads of stores and restaurants. And, it had a relatively good price during this busy week of travel.
High points:
When I arrived in the morning (around 9:30a), my room was vacant and they let me check in right away.
The room was bright (including bright green carpets!). Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was large and well appointed. There was an in-room safe, television (only 2 English news stations, but thats OK), and free wi-fi. The wi-fi did not work terribly well from my room, so I often used it from the lobby in their comfortable chairs.
My room was not far from the stairwell, so when other guests were coming/going, it got quite loud. But, I could not hear my neighbors so that was very good.
I did not purchase breakfast (15 euros was a bit much for me), but there are two grocery stores less than 5 minutes away from the hotel.
Seven nights is a long time to stay in one hotel for business travel, but this worked out quite well. I was able to access my meetings, tour the city, go for nice long walks, and really get a great sense of Berlin.
Very friendly and patient staff. If/when I return to Berlin, I will most certainly consider staying here again.

1 Thank PaulTheTravelGuy
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear PaulTheTravelGuy,

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding our staff and our location. I am pleased you had such a pleasant experience during your stay with us.
Please contact me directly prior to your next stay so I can allocate you a quiet bedroom.
Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warsaw,Poland
Reviewed 13 March 2012

When we saw the Andy Warhol image on the hotel,we knew that we are for an experience lik no other. surprising as Warhol art and images this hotel is very artistic loyal to the Pop art theme which makes it very fresh and cool.

If you love Warhol and his art, this is the place to be. We love the cool image that this reflects on the entire hotel. Its Popi, artistic, fresh and young with young staff, good looking energetic and attentive. You can think that you are more in Manhattan then in Germany which is a great plus. Not that I have anything against German hotels, but you can agree that Manhattan has invested the cool style hotel that all are trying to copy.

The hotel has also a cool bar into the night and I have notices the hotel guests socializing and mingling, I guess its the right mood the design puts you in...however the breakfast was just right with big choices and all fresh and tasty.

This hotel offers excellent value for money,and I certainly recommend it for business travelers and tourists,who would like to be in the center of Berlin west side and close to all its attractions.short walk from the famous Kudam street and it famous department store and shopping .
The room was spacy,open windows, with large bathroom,
huge shower for two , bath tab and all amenities of five star hotel.
You feel that you are in a large museum showing Andy Warhol art without buying ticket and waiting in long ques.

We love Warhol art and I am sure that if he was alive he would love to stay here as well. Its such a great concept, I dont know why you don't have more there hotel like this in other cities.
Well done, excellent management ,so don't look more when in Berlin,its the place to be for pleasant stay without paying the high price of Berlin hotels.
A friend has recommended it and I didnt need to spend much time on web search,
We were not disappointed.

Room Tip: there are rooms in different sizes and design, although all charming and artistic, try to ask for th...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear jaytourel,

wow-what an amazing and extensive feedback about our hotel! We absolutely loved to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and that you liked the hotel and the Andy Warhol art so much!
Thank you also for mentioning our new, stylish bar "Factory". Indeed it's a very trendy bar which also attracts guests from outside the hotel.
On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for your stay with us and we hope to see you again when you are back in Berlin next time.

London
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We stayed at Art'otel City West, Berlin for a city break weekend away as we love Berlin and try and stay in different areas when ever we go. This area, Charlottenburg, is my favourite so far! Think of it as Berlin's Knightsbridge/Chelsea. There are endless fantastic restuarnts and bars, boutique shops and every designer shop you can think of on the main road.
We had the corner suite which was huge and clean with a super king size comfy bed.
The cocktails in the bar were great and not overpriced and I found the breakfast fantastic like many european hotel breakfasts are with lots of choice and delicious warm, fresh breads.
If you are looking for a well priced, friendly hotel in a brilliant part of town this is a good contender.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emzi1981
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Dear Emzi1981,

thank you very much for your fantastic feedback!
Having lived in London for a while, I agree with you: Charlottenburg is a bit similar to Knightsbridge. Lots of shops and bars and restaurants... I am pleased that you enjoyed your time here so much!
We are looking forward to welcome you back soon again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Was a bit worried that this hotel might be a bit too far away from the main tourist attractions but I was pleasantly surprised! Did most of my travelling from the S-Bahn station, Savignyplatz, which was a pleasant ten minute walk from the hotel, and then took about ten minutes to get to Hauptbahnhoff, one of the main central stations.

In terms of the hotel, if you like Andy Warhol (which I do!) then you'll love this hotel! My room was fab - spacious, trendy and spotlessly clean. Really comfy bed and great bathroom with a lovely big shower! I had breakfast in the hotel once which didn't have the largest selection and seemed a little expensive at 15 euros. However, there are plenty of coffee shops in the area which is what I preferred to do in the morning.

Didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel as was so busy sight-seeing in Berlin, but my experience of it was excellent and would definitely recommend it!

Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Katie-Jane20
khagenbucher, Manager at art'otel berlin kudamm, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear Lizzie-Lucy,

thank you very much for the lovely feedback you have given us.
I was very pleased to hear that you liked the Andy Warhol-desgin of our hotel that much and that you had such an enjoyable stay.