“What a wonderful place!”
Review of The Circus Hostel

The Circus Hostel
Ranked #3 of 362 Speciality Lodging in Berlin
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed in Circus for 3 nights. The beds are cosy, the rooms are warm, the showers are excellent, the staff are fantastic, the setting is funky, the location is perfect and the bar is AWESOME!

I did have one little issue with the supervisor over the housekeeping. When I arrived at my room there was only one bed left which was right beside the bins. The following morning a couple of people left the hostel so there was 4 free beds in the room. I figured that since the beds were not assigned (you just took what was available) I could move beds. So I moved over to the window and the supervisor came in. He got pretty angry with me that I had moved beds even though I really don't see the issue? I had told the girl in housekeeping that I was moving so she could change the sheets but she also said I shouldn't move. Really annoyed me to be honest but aside from that everything was exceptional and I can't wait to return!

Make sure to try the panther milk in the bar! Its delicious and 1 litre is €8!!! So awesome. Also special mention to Tommy (I think that's his name?) in the bar. He was working on his own on Saturday night and he totally nailed it even with the rude customers and people asking for cocktails when it was so busy. Also thanks for the advice on where to go clubbing :)

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
TheCircusBerlin, Manager at The Circus Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Sorry about the misunderstanding with the cleaners. They were obviously a little confused then which bed needed to be made but the communication breakdown was obviously from our side so for that we apolgize. Glad you enjoyed the Panther Milk. We are the only place in Berlin that makes and certainly Callum (bar manager) is also not going to be giving away his extra special secret recipe either in a hurry.
Thanks for staying with us
JJ

Write a ReviewReviews (1,292)

Reviewed 12 January 2018

I have guests coming to Berlin quite often and I always recommend they stay at the Circus. The location is fantastic and it only takes about 15 minutes to walk to Berlin's biggest sites. But if you walk 15 minutes in the other direction you can explore the lovely neighbourhood of Prenzlauerberg for a taste of "real Berlin life".

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank KristanBerlin
Reviewed 12 January 2018

Complete and delicious breakfast, clean and functional bathrooms, large bedrooms with good optimization of the space, bar with microbrewery and one of the most delicious beers that I've drank. All in a good location with well prepared staff.
However, the hostel doesn't have a kitchen, something really useful for those who choose to stay in this kind of accommodation

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Sorry that we do not have a kitchen. We do have fridges, boiling water and bits and bobs for making sandwiches etc. We also have organized discounts in the neighbourhood whereby the cheap eats get even cheaper. Thanks for the review

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Such a great place to stay! The hostel was very clean and the room was good though there wasn't a locker to lock up all my stuff, just valuables. Not sure if that is the case with every room but something worth mentioning. The keycard access made me feel very safe as a solo traveler and the bathroom/shower facilities were great! The downstairs bar was filled with people and the bartender was full of energy! Everyone was hanging out, meeting people, playing cards, etc. The breakfast in the morning was also a great options to have!

The location of the hostels is pretty good, though I think you really need to get the day metro pass in order to be able to get around Berlin since it is so big. It was a breeze getting there from the train station! Just one quick tram ride! Very big hostel, and great for meeting people. They have great recommendations for nearby places to eat, things to see, etc. It fills up quickly so make your reservation early! I am so glad I got to stay here! Totally worth it :)

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
TheCircusBerlin, Manager at The Circus Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We travel a group of 4 friends and had a great experience in the hostel. Rooms and bathrooms were very clean, staff was polite and the location was perfect. Near Alexanderplatz and Tram station just infront of it.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends