“Low budget, price value!”
Review of Hotel Gunia

and 1 more site!
Hotel Gunia
Ranked #282 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 27 May 2015

Attended by owners, extremely accommodating. Clean rooms and excellent German home made breakfast. Close to a variety of restorants and subway station. For those into the gay scene, the hotel/pension is half block away from one of the three gay quarters in Berlin.

Room Tip: The hotel offers rooms with a badroom inside the room, or private badroom outside the room. It is a...
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jorge042

Reviewed 11 April 2015 via mobile

I'm amazed by the service at the hotel!
The apartment/room was really good and the private garden was so nice!
I will definitely go back to this hotel!

We came by car from Sweden and had a lot of luggage with us, and after the Berlin vacation we took a small trip to Mallorca, and there was no problem leaving the bags in the hotel during our quick flyaway.

I gladly recommend this hotel to all!
Nice and quiet in the center of Berlin!

See you next time in Berlin!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank David A
Reviewed 29 September 2014

During my stay the owner was extremely accommodating. Was able to provide an in house laundry service and delivered the next day with cloths pressed and folded. Since there were three of us in our room we often needed three different keys rather than the standard two supplied by the hotel. The owner was kind enough to lend us the third key with no extra charge. I can say I was extremely impressed with the customer service here and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Christopher G
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Pros:

1. Convenient location. Close to the train.
2. The couple is very nice. The wife is extremely friendly and helpful. She is very enthusiastic about making you feel at home and happy with the experience. He took the time to draw on a map for me and was helpful about telling me where to get the train.
3. Clean enough.

Cons:

1. Pretty noisy area. We had a lot of street noise owing to the clubs in close proximity. I was woken up at least once in the middle of the night by people walking down the street yelling. This is very much a leather-and-chains area, and there are a ton of clubs and partying going on at night.

2. The hotel rooms are built into large rooms from an old flat. Imagine a huge 4000 sq ft flat split into multiple hotel rooms. Ours was a large parlor or dining room. Consequently, the bathrooms are essentially like a water closet (literally). Ours was like having a 10x5 shed in the room. Almost like a "bathroom module" they dropped in there. Everything worked fine. It was just sort of strange and a little weird. See attached picture.

3. For us, the breakfast was not worth the 6 Euro charged. It was a plate of cheese and salami slices, some kaiser rolls, a yogurt, and a soft boiled egg. For the same $8/person, I would have preferred a hot breakfast (eggs, toast, etc.). This was a negative for us, at least.

4. I asked the owner to print out our boarding passes for us to save us time at Tegel. He offered to do it for fifty cents a page. I'm sorry - when your guests are paying $190/night, you can pony up the boarding pass printouts as a perk. This was off-putting to me.

Overall, it was an average stay. If I were going back, I would look for other accommodations, however.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank from_chicago_1234
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I was visiting Berlin for a week from Ohio for business and stayed at Hotel Gunia. Everything was perfect! The owners, Horst and Simone, were very friendly and gave me tips about the sights to see in Berlin. The room was also reasonably priced; something that is difficult to find in Berlin.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business