“Excellent selection of super fresh Oysters”
Review of Oyster Bar KaDeWe

Oyster Bar KaDeWe
Ranked #52 of 9,384 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Schöneberg
Reviewed 4 January 2018

We had a very nice platter of mixed Oysters mostly from England, France and Ireland. All washed down with a chilled glass of champagne. Service was swift and efficient. Most enjoyable

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Going to Berlin at advent in 2017 to be at the market by Gedenkkirche, that is a must this year. Befor going to the marked our wifes used money i the KaDeVe, and when the wives had theire fun , we men sat down in the bar and had excellent KDV champangne og top shellfish. All exellent. Lovely, exsept for the price, but you have to pay for quality.

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

The Oyster bar is situated on the 6th floor of the KaDeWe department store. There are numerous different food stalls that both serve
and sell food to take away. As Myself and my partner love oysters we went straight to the Oyster bar. We had superb quality oysters and a reasonably priced bottle of house champagne to accompany the oysters. The service was professional and friendly. Check out the underground station facing the store, Wittenberg Platz (very Art Deco).

Reviewed 12 November 2017

I regularly visit Berlin over more than 40 years and an absolutely must for me is a visit at the KaDeWe iconic Oyster Bar at the 6. gourmet floor; since 1978.

The “Austernbar” where you can get a fairly large selection of raw or cooked oysters paired with white wines, sparkling wines and champagnes, is an always well frequented culinary meeting point for gourmands from all over the world.

The very straightforward and polite staff with nice host Falk (nevertheless I miss legendary, retired chief entertainer Horst) is opening the oysters in a jolly professional way and serve it with lemon slices and pepper or with a little scallion vinaigrette, different kinds of crusty bread and other side dips, if desired.

First of all, I washed down a 6 pieces mixed oyster plate, consisting of Fine de Claires, Emerald Rock Oyster, Maldon, Tsarskaya, Loch Fyne, Kumamoto and La Perle Noire Belon with crystal clear Languedoc Picpoul de Pinet. This is my favorite harmonious white wine for accompanying the offered numbers of oysters at the KaDeWe bar. It neutralizes perfect the salt and iodine, is delicate and fresh in the mouth and helps to develop the unique “gout de la mer” with fresh taste of seaweed and sea air.

From all these tested oysters have been the English wild Malon oyster and the French Tsarskaya my favorite ones.

With my second oyster plate I had fantastic tasting Netherlands flat oysters. This European oyster is rather rare to get as it grows more slowly and the offered quantities are therefore small and the oyster is a really exclusive pleasure.

Culinary indispensable is the enjoyment of “oysters au gratin”. These are oven baked oysters topped with sauce hollandaise and combined with shrimps, champagne and spinach. What an Elysian taste experience in combination with a glass of dry and smooth Sancerre white wine from French Loire Valley.

Further highlight was for me the lukewarm smoked eel with horseradish cream and pumpernickel bread. Furthermore, the combination of oysters with salmon tartar and caviar paired with a glass of legendary superb Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc from Marlborough County of New Zealand are culinary highlights at the bar.

The comfortable opportunity to grab and enjoy some more seafood dishes from everywhere around the bar is very nice and offers versatile options for reams of fish and crustaceans delicacies. Our favorites are Sashimi, mixed plate with octopus salad and varied prepared shrimps or

To be consistently at this one of a kind culinary temple is simply a must for us and is worth every kilometer of our long way here.

1  Thank WernerDeck
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Everytime I come back to Berlin, I come back to KaDeWe. It's paralleled at best by Harrod's in London. The oyster bar offers an exquisite selection at an appropriate price. The quality of the fresh oysters is marvelous. Wine/champagne pairings are well chosen - and the Kadewe brand champagne is quite drinkable. Service is solid: as an American, I say it's a cut above pedestrian German service. The neighboring food departments are happy to bring over my chosen salads and desserts to where I am sitting at the bar oyster bar. Try it and enjoy luxurious delicatessen!